2005 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Hyunday Tibby GS Manual
By ltstoby on 04/25/13 16:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love it! bought this car today and its my first manual car. I've only driven stick 3 times in my life and I already got the hang of it. Shifting is easy and fun to do, it has a great kick to it even though its only a 4v. I cant say anything bad about it other then the fact that theres almost no room in the backseat but hey, its a 2 dr. I recommend this car to anyone with a desire to drive a sporty looking, fun coupe.

Budget Sports Car! Live your dream
By tilbbylover123 on 02/11/12 21:11 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

own a 05 Hyundai Tiburon GT Ultimate Sports Package with sunroof and Infinity Sound system. When bought, had 13000 miles, now 40,000 love the pick-up and the mild roar through the muffler. looks are stunning, everyone who see my car for the first time love it! comfort for the driver and passenger is good, not for the people sitting in the back since not enough space for big and tall people. I'd call it a two-seater. Ample trunk space, better if back seats are put down. still suspension makes you feel all the potholes only problem I've had so far is the car pulling towards the right because of alignment issues. Also, when I jumped my car battery last winter, the sound system got damaged.

Amazing, Great drivers car
By tiblover123 on 12/13/11 18:15 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, even with a 2.0 4 cylinder it has quite a bit of power compared to some other 4 cylinders. gets going quick, and looks great. when im stopped at a red light i can see people driving by in mustangs and camaros looking at it. a little hard on pot holes, but on smooth road its like a dream.

Smooth ride for smooth roads
By DCKID on 04/17/10 20:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really loved this car when I purchased it in Fl. It had a great exterior and the sound system really pumped! I never had mechanical trouble or any trouble for that matter until I came to DC. The numerous pot-holes took a SERIOUS toll on the high performance tires. In the course of 2 years I blew 4 tires, and replaced more then 10. It was fun to drive but only on smooth streets, you can feel EVERY SINGLE NOOK&CRANNY in the street! Buyer beware if you live somewhere with jacked up roads!

Only 4 years old and rusting
By nfinitygrl on 07/16/09 07:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This was my first new car and I've completely loved driving it. It's fast, gotten me out of scary highway situations more than once and it's never, ever given me mechanical problems. I've kept up all maintenance diligently as I didn't want to void any of the warranties. The low profile tires are a bit pricey to replace but other than that, upkeep hasn't been bad. The car sits low and that helps increase chances of a cracked windshield, which I've replaced once. But after having the car for only 4 years, it is rusting in 3 places. Hyundai's warranty won't fix it as the 3 year paint warranty expired and the rust hasn't "perforated" the metal completely. Sadly, I will be replacing it :(

Awesomeness
By KK on 08/12/08 08:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Hyundai. My first car was a 1995 Accent and I totaled it in an accident. I wanted another two door and initially went to test drive an eclipse. The dealer wanted me to test drive this car and I fell in love. The ride is so smooth, it handles so well except in rain or snow when driving around curves you have to really slow down or you'll hydroplane and swerve a lot. I get a lot of compliments on this car and most people don't believe its a Hyundai. It runs so well. I've had a few probs like needing a new starter after I rear ended someone, and new transmission wires bc they were loose, but the dealer was great!

Underestimated at the Lights
By Bored on 06/14/08 17:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Why pay 7 or 8 grand more for less was the conclusion I came to 3 years ago when I purchased my new Tiburon. At the time I was also considering the Celica and RSX which were more pricey and were 'base' models. My Hyundai is fully loaded and unlike the others, has leather, power sunroof, full power group, nice rims, dual exhaust and quite simply is very easy on the eyes. Since then, my gf has bought a new RSX Premium(9000 more) and I still say, my Tiburon is better. I have had zero problems and even if I did, Hyundai's warranty is amazing anyways. I drive it hard and it produces great performance and handling that is out of the league of other cars in its price range. Great car!!!

Fun ride
By Jay on 06/08/08 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I was a big hater when it came to Hyundai until gas went through the roof, and then I decided to trade in my Wrangler in for the Tiburon. And I have to say it is an awesome car. The acceleration is awesome even with it being an automatic. It handles great and the interior is sweet. And if you put in an after market stereo (head unit,subs and an amp) WOW! I have two tens and an 800 watt amp and with the infinity system it is mind blowing. And the gas mileage is pretty good, around 26 mpg. All and all this is a great car.

Fun car!
By smshpmkn on 01/03/08 21:28 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

this has been my favorite car. its fun to drive and looks awesome. i still get people turning heads and asking what kind of car it is. the only problems i have had with it has been weather related. i live in an area with a lot of snow and cold temps and you can tell they didnt design it for this type of weather. if there is more that 4 in of snow on the ground dont go out driving you will get stuck if you have to stop but handles pretty well besides that. but i dont mind. i just take it in every winter to get the e-brake replaced for free.

Awesome car!!
By Banana on 11/27/07 13:41 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! I bought my Tiburon new in 2005 and have never had a problem with it. It is Super fun to drive and speeds up really nice. Very smooth acceleration and great gas mileage. Interior design is incredible as well as exterior. This car comes equipped with tons of features and is definately worth the money. Trunk space is enormous for such a small car. My massage table fits in there perfectly. Only problem is if you have someone who is 6' in your back seat. haha.. not too comfortable. But otherwise the car is very comfortable and a great ride!