Very Fun, Needs MORE POWER
By gr8ful4tori on
2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my 04 Tiburon 4cyl in September of 2012 with 100k on it, That was a year ago. Overall it is a decent car and VERY fun to drive, I just wish it had more power. I live in NY and this car did better in the snow than I thought it would (Hankook S1 Noble2 tires are awesome). The seats are Very uncomfortable and the back seat is almost pointless.
Favorite Features
Handling!!!!! Awesome, get Hankook S1 Noble2 tires!!! they are worth every penny, I had goodyear eagle GT's and they didn't compare. I love the sporty look and the layout of the interior gadgets. If this car had less miles on it I would put more into it.
Suggested Improvements
I was able to pep it up with some Royal purple oil, oil filter is royal purple as well and a K&N air filter, its not much but on a budget it did add some pep. Get a pillow to put on the driver seat unless you have leather. The cloth is very rough on the rear. This car is easy to work on unless someone decides to put LOCKTIGHT on the rotors, then you have a problem. I also recommend taking out the vale in the Clutch slave cylinder, this will increase performance and keep the clutch from burning out - for instructions google "Tiburon DIY clutch slave cylinder" it is easy.