Fun sport car and great MPG vehicle!!
By edumorales on
2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car back in April with 68,000 miles. . I am the second owner of the vehicle. So far, I am very satisfied with its performance, both in highway and city. It is a very fun to drive and very powerful for its 4 cylinder engine (I drive the 5 speed transmission). When it comes to mpg performance, it varies by fuel brand and driving conditions, like weather altitude, etc. I drive from Chino to Moreno Valley, California on a daily basis, and occasionally to the Los Angeles and San Diego area. Vehicle definitely performs better when driving close to those cities at sea level, and obtains better mpg under those conditions. After seven months, all I can say is that this is a great car!!
Favorite Features
The MPG achieved with this car. On a full tank, and under the same driving conditions, I usually get the following amount of miles on the vehicle: -Costco gas: 300 miles total for 25.9 mpg. -Valero and Arco gas: 320 miles total for 27.62 mpg. -Shell, 7 eleven and circle K gas: 340 miles total for 29.35 mpg. -Exxon Mobil gas: 365 miles total for 31.51 mpg. I haven't yet tried Chevron but it is next on my list! One thing to note is that, when driving from Moreno Valley to Los Angeles, or just in Los Angeles or San Diego area, the mpg increases way more, sometimes up to 100-120 miles on a quarter of a tank. That is probably due to driving closer to a sea level altitude.
Suggested Improvements
The back seat is definitely bellow standards. The space in the back seat is very reduced, even for my 4 year old daughter (she is 43 inches tall). That doesn't really bother as I drive alone most of the time, and my only passenger is my daughter. When she rides with me, I have to move the passenger seat a little to the front. All I can say is, if you are considering this car for more than two passengers, think about it twice. Other negative aspect is its height (headroom inside the car and low seats). Not a good car if you are tall (I am only 5' 7) or have knee problems, since seats are very low. Otherwise, MPG, engine performance, etc., compensates for the lack of space in the back seat.