Used 2004 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Trust Me
By strtrcr

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car with it having 32,000, It was all good for awhile then a pully went out, then the thermostat broke, then I had to replace the clutch and flywheel at 50,000. The mechanic at the dealer said he was not surprised to know that. Now, the BCM chip is out and is causing my car to have major electrical problems. This car stinks with all the mechanical work that it needs. Just one thing after another. The car is nice for looks but when it comes to reliability, its out the window.

Favorite Features

The style.

Suggested Improvements

Make it a little more roomy, put in a clutch and flywheel that will not go out shortly after you drive the car, make a supercharged engine.

Unique, quick, and a overall good car
By PUN15HR

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've now had my tiburon for 2 years, and I must say, overall I'm very impressed. I have modified this thing past the point of unrecognizable and it takes to every mod like a pro. Car has had some issues, (that are known by every tiburon owner) clutch design is a p. O. S as well as the dual mass flywheel setup. Look into a conversion kit for best results. Window motors are known to go bad as well as a alignment issue and syncros (which I have replaced under warranty) overall good handling, great sound from the motor when modified, good acceleration and excellent style. Sure theres little kinks but they had to cheapen some parts to bring such a sports car at such a incredible price.. A+ to Hyundai

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design, extensive aftermarket support, Dual exhaust, 6speed tranny and the uniqueness of the car. Out of 14 cars ive owned and tuned by 28 years old ive never had so many compliments as well as people sayin "hey what is that thing" lol

Suggested Improvements

NEW CLUTCH! Window motors, and creaks and noises inside the cabin

She thinks its sexy
By Dan

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car from a private seller. It is a '04 2dr coupe. I was optimistic about the whole 4cyl but it runs great for one. Great gas mileage compared to the pickup I was driving. I've had a ton of compliments since owning it for one week. Its very sleek and runs smooth.

Favorite Features

Body design, interior layout, dual exhaust, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

interior is hard to vacuum, hatch picks up a lot of leaves

fun and unique
By alexthesock

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my tiburon used only a few months ago but I have wanted one since I first laid eyes on one 5 years ago. I was pleasantly surprised with most aspects of the car. Most notably the 6 speed manual is a lot of fun because of the gear ratios. Clutch is both intuitive and fun (very important to me). The front end lines of the car give you a great idea of where your car is but the back end is a little hard to judge. Labeled as 4 seats but really only two really comfortable seats. Im 6,2" and enjoy the driver seat very much. Mine was purchased with custom sound and exhaust so no comment. Fuel economy could be slightly better. **no car is as unique and low-key at the same time as this car**

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats. Well designed front end. Enjoyable clutch. 6 speed. Unique car.

Suggested Improvements

Small rims but can still perform with the right tires. Hard to see behind the car, wider rear view mirror helps. Cant comment on sound but a custom system always makes you feel better.

Nice Style, Efficiency, and Reliability
By BMS

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Tiburon new in January of '04. I was initially impressed with the style and features offered on a car in this price range. I know that Hyundai used to build junk but they were attempting to re-brand themselves around 03-04 and I really liked the Tibby then, so I bought one. I love my car. I have over 100,000 miles on it and the only problem I have had is around 40,000 the rotors had to be replaced. I change the oil every 6,500 miles and the car runs great, looks great, drives great, and is so versatile. I love that I can flip the seats down and throw my roadbike in the trunk. Overall, probably the most car you could get for around $16,800. And the new ones are even sexier!

Favorite Features

Smooth shifting manual transmission, sunglass holder, heated mirrors, lumbar adjustment, tight suspension, stainless accents in cabin, moonroof, infinity sound system w/ factory sub, deeply bolstered seats, huge cargo area (with rear seats flat), fog lamps, projector-style headlights, cruise control

Suggested Improvements

Some of the plastics (wheel well liners, and some the undercarriage protection) has come loose and should be attached with something more substantial than nylon bolts.