2004 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
I LOVE MY TIBBY
By lynn on 04/04/07 16:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine used with only 7,600 miles on it. I have no complaints with performance as i USE the "slapstick" option if i want more power! I have had no repair issues except that i broke my tib by not seeing a BIG rock in the road :(. I have driven it to Cali 2xs and vegas 2xs. It will do 140+ on straight roads. I have not had the guts to go over the 140 per hour. The driver seat could use some padding in the bottom, get "dead butt" after 4 hrs of driving. I don't have the anti- lock brakes on mine but she will stop on a dime if you use the shift tronic option like a stick!

Ode to Tibby...
By Tracey on 03/27/07 10:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Tibby (as it is affectionately called), is very reliable and is fun to drive. I am the 2nd owner and I have put almost 20K miles on her in less than 12 months. It is a not a five passenger car in my opinion, but a two seater with a comfortable rear seat for luggage or a pet in the back. ;c)

Tiburon is great!
By TIBURON IS GREAT on 03/10/07 02:50 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Originally, the Tiburon was selected and purchased by my 20 year old son. He liked the car very much, but he got excited in buying a high performance 4WD truck, so instead trading in the Tiburon, I decided to keep it. Now, I am enjoying driving the Tiburon every day. It feels and performs great. I am 60 years old, but I feel young again driving the Tiburon. Just before, I was driving a Dodge1500 Van Conversion, which is nice, but definitely too big for one person. Tiburon is nice looking and a very fast car. I am very happy that I took the decision to keep the Tiburon for my self.

So So Car
By tibby on 12/27/06 06:46 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2004, i find that this car doesnt preform to the styling that it has. From the looks you would expect preformance, but in turn you get an "economy" quality built vehicle. the main issue that i have come across is the clutch and flywheel assy. these two components are possibly the two worse designed components on the vehicle. and there is no point in having a backseat you can fit MAYBE one person back there.

hyundai '04
By steelwrkn on 10/17/06 09:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned my vehicle for over 2 years now and haven't had any problems. I did just have to take it in to get the fuel canister fixed but it was all covered under warranty and was no problem. I've driven the car a lot, almost 40,000 miles, and I'm a hard driver (quick starts, fast stops, sharp turns). I've loved every minute of driving this car and while the blindspots are difficult, you do get used to them. I've recommended this car to others looking for something that's a lot of fun, but reasonably priced.

My Tiburon
By Louise on 08/03/06 16:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my car, ive never had a problem with its performance,and I receive many compliments, i bought it in sunburst yellow so it stands out. I have the six speed version and its fast, it doesnt drag to get going, it has comfortable front seats, the back seats lay down for more space if needed. I was skeptical on buying a Hyundai and walked the whole lot and this one just caught my eye and I never regretted my decision.

My car
By tommeade on 06/19/06 19:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. I have had one mechanical failure which was the clutch detent switch. Dealer replaced it with the best service I have ever had from a dealership. Transmission is smooth and sound system is excellent. Interior is well designed and extremely comfy.

Almost Happy
By Old but young on 06/17/06 09:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Car runs well except lifters are noisy on startup, good pick up good on turnes,Gas milage so so. Might as well throw out the back seats not of any use, But all in all a good car for the money.

Tiberon
By Pat on 06/08/06 22:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I drive mostly on the highway a good high speed car,rides and handles well

Fantastic Ride!
By Bennie on 06/02/06 02:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and I love it. It has to be one of the best cars, if not the very best car I have ever owned. Plenty of power, looks great, outstanding gas mileage (over 30 MPG) and extremely comfortable. Great compliments wherever I go.