Used 2004 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Decent Daily Driver
By Blue-GK

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Tiburon to serve as a daily commuter. The performance isn't overwhelming, but the V6 offers the torque delivery that makes the car feel much more relaxed on the freeway, and more responsive at the lights. The styling may make it look a lot more potent than it is, however, as it's not a fast car by any means. Notably, the rearward visibility in this car is low. It can be quite difficult to back out of spaces simply because you have to take a leap of faith to do it. Overall, I'm not disappointed. I test drove an automatic, which was incredibly slow. The manual was the better choice, in my opinion. I've had a few issues with it, but nothing excessive for a 6- year old car.

The styling is much more rakish than some other cars in this segment. It has a sleeker profile than that of the Scion tC, and it's lower and wider than some other competitors. It just looks great. I also love the projector low beam and fog lights. They're stylish and with Silverstars, very bright.

These are things Tiburon owners should improve: Lightweight flywheel. The OEM one weighs like 26lbs... my aftermarket one weighs about 10. Makes a huge difference in feel. Slave-cylinder valve: There's a valve that should be removed. It ruins the clutch feel. KDM Multigauge: It's just cool.

Not What I thought it would be
By lilbit

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new in 2004 wasn't bad for the first three years, then the engine went, now the air bag light is on it gives itself gas and the engine cuts out while driving down the road,I think a car should run better then this, I take care of my care and feel that these are big problems. Also the bulbs for the headlights don't seem to last long.

when it works right it is a good car

fix the computer system

my tibby
By soccerplyr83

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a dream car I haven't owned it very long so I don't know how good it runs just yet but I'm 6,1 and I fit very comfortably in it I like the infinity sound system and the feel of the acceleration could be better when you hit first gear but its fwd so I guess its what you should expect.

sound system, spoiler, and first and second gear acc.

faster 5th gear, and longer gear ratios

An overall great car
By Great Car

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. Not perfect, but fun to drive and own. Im going to post this to help other fellow Hyundai Tiburon owners.. The clutches fail due to a simple part and the fix is simple provided your clut ALL Tiburons 2003 and on both 2.0L I4 and 2.7L V6 5 and 6spd manual models have a clutch slave delay valve. This valve, with a tiny spring, causes your clutch to SLIP. REMOVE IT. Ive done this mod myself.. just need a few tools, brake fluid, and ability to spin a wrench. There are posts online for additional details. This mod will save you HUGE money and restore proper clutch feel and reliability. Provided your clutch isnt already ruined. :( When you replace, remove the valve!

Peppy 2.0 Engine, smooth clutch (with clutch slave delay valve removed) nice 5 speed transmission, beautiful looks, nice interior design, averages over 30 MPG, comes with many standard features (cruise, tilt, pw/pl/heated mirrors and rear wiper), nice handling, reliability and well designed engine.

More soft touch materials in interior, Remove idiotic clutch delay valve in clutch slave cylinder. Hyundai, slowing clutch engagement with a $8 delay valve ruins clutches, and creates warranty claims and bad juju. Not smart in my honest opinion. Paint could be better.

Loved the vehicle but biggest NIGHTMARE!
By Amanda

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car, ran great until i hit about 70000 miles. Engine spun a bearing. Had to replace engine even after following all of the manuf. recommendations and what not had reg oil change proofs and what not. Called hyundai usa (which is a joke) The car cost me $17000 dollars $4000 engine work went through 4 engines in 6 months I never once beat this car or anything I treated it like gold. My 2 year old and I used the vehicle to commute. cost me $3000 when I traded it in. Hyundai will never get a penny from me they are a rip off!!! Don't ever buy any Hyundai!! Friends owned and agree.

Style and ride

Make a reliable product you stand behind.