2004 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Trust Me
By strtrcr on 04/20/09 03:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car with it having 32,000, It was all good for awhile then a pully went out, then the thermostat broke, then I had to replace the clutch and flywheel at 50,000. The mechanic at the dealer said he was not surprised to know that. Now, the BCM chip is out and is causing my car to have major electrical problems. This car stinks with all the mechanical work that it needs. Just one thing after another. The car is nice for looks but when it comes to reliability, its out the window.

Unique, quick, and a overall good car
By PUN15HR on 03/17/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've now had my tiburon for 2 years, and I must say, overall I'm very impressed. I have modified this thing past the point of unrecognizable and it takes to every mod like a pro. Car has had some issues, (that are known by every tiburon owner) clutch design is a p. O. S as well as the dual mass flywheel setup. Look into a conversion kit for best results. Window motors are known to go bad as well as a alignment issue and syncros (which I have replaced under warranty) overall good handling, great sound from the motor when modified, good acceleration and excellent style. Sure theres little kinks but they had to cheapen some parts to bring such a sports car at such a incredible price.. A+ to Hyundai

She thinks its sexy
By Dan on 02/02/09 18:37 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car from a private seller. It is a '04 2dr coupe. I was optimistic about the whole 4cyl but it runs great for one. Great gas mileage compared to the pickup I was driving. I've had a ton of compliments since owning it for one week. Its very sleek and runs smooth.

fun and unique
By alexthesock on 10/15/08 03:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my tiburon used only a few months ago but I have wanted one since I first laid eyes on one 5 years ago. I was pleasantly surprised with most aspects of the car. Most notably the 6 speed manual is a lot of fun because of the gear ratios. Clutch is both intuitive and fun (very important to me). The front end lines of the car give you a great idea of where your car is but the back end is a little hard to judge. Labeled as 4 seats but really only two really comfortable seats. Im 6,2" and enjoy the driver seat very much. Mine was purchased with custom sound and exhaust so no comment. Fuel economy could be slightly better. **no car is as unique and low-key at the same time as this car**

Nice Style, Efficiency, and Reliability
By BMS on 09/13/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Tiburon new in January of '04. I was initially impressed with the style and features offered on a car in this price range. I know that Hyundai used to build junk but they were attempting to re-brand themselves around 03-04 and I really liked the Tibby then, so I bought one. I love my car. I have over 100,000 miles on it and the only problem I have had is around 40,000 the rotors had to be replaced. I change the oil every 6,500 miles and the car runs great, looks great, drives great, and is so versatile. I love that I can flip the seats down and throw my roadbike in the trunk. Overall, probably the most car you could get for around $16,800. And the new ones are even sexier!

There are better cars for the price!
By Sean Roney on 08/22/08 09:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my car for about 3 years and I have to say it is a good looking car that has the looks of the European sport cars that we all want. The car has the ability to turn head and put smiles on peoples faces but it also can be an expensive vehicle to maintain and after owning it for a year or more you learn that you are paying for looks and nothing else. The cams are already ticking at 41000 miles, people are talking about their clutches going out, the car eats tires since most of the weight is in the front, gas should better, performance is not as good as some 4 cylinder cars, the V-6 is pretty weak for how big it is, and the interior feels very cheap with its lack of refinement.

Surprised and Happy
By Banana GT on 08/19/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Tib GT SE as a cheap commuter car and expected not much more, but I was really amazed by this car. Going on 4 years and 40K miles, and I still love driving it. I have the V6 6-speed, and I've read of people having clutch troubles-- not with me-- I drag race my Tib semi-regularly and use nitrous-oxide injection every time, still the original clutch! I average 29mpg on my regular road trips and couldn't be happier, and it handles fantastic. Not much back seat foot room, so I have to use the other car for family trips, but it is worth it. The Kenwood system is fantastic, and the a/c is excellent. I haven't had a single problem with this car, and I would recommend it to anyone.

My Tibby
By Stang on 07/31/08 22:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 17 years old and still in high school so I needed something kinda sporty that I wouldnt get made fun of but still wouldnt kill me with insurance and gas prices. So after a month I finally found the Hyundai tiburon. I've owned it about a month now and I love it. I love the way it handles and the purr of the engine (even with a inline four cylinder) when I start it up and it idles. I wish it could go faster than 130 mph but I'm not complaining. The interior is pretty sweet. It doesnt look cheap. The body style is pretty slick looking too. I get a lot of looks when im driving around town. Being in a city in North Dakota you kinda stick out with a sportier car.

Head Turner
By Kevin on 07/24/08 18:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Husky sound from the exhaust! 6 speed, all leather interior, premium sound system, great value!!! If you are thinking of whether you would have buyer's remorse after purchasing this car, let me help you!! Just buy it. Great on fuel, great on style. Sun roof gets a 10.

UNKNOWN AT PURCHASE
By Jeannie on 06/28/08 09:37 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my Tiburon until this week. While getting ready for vacation I took the vehicle to my mechanic for an oil change. He noted there was wear on the rear passenger tire and suggested that I replace the tire before the trip. I contacted the place where I had purchased the tires a year ago and was told that the car was out of alignment in the rear and so I had the alignment done and purchased a new tire only to find out that these vehicles DO NOT have an adjustment feature. Now I must buy an after market adjustment kit which will cost me about $250 so that my tires will not continue to wear. It was very disappointing to find this out. I believe I will be looking for another vehicle.