Used 2004 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

2004 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

The best car ever built!
By martinolsen

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Overall the Tib has satisfied me more than any other car that I have owned. Its Fast, Powerfull,The braking ability, Sleek design, and its reliability. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I think about is I wonder where I can take the Tib to rally some corners! When hyundai does its next design change I can tell you this, Ill be the first person in line to buy it.

Favorite Features

Head lights, cocpit design(man it looks great like it came right out of an f-14=]),Body style(Hyundai you hit the nail on this design.)

Suggested Improvements

More hp 200-250 Id be pretty sure everyone feels this way/and wouldbe willing to pay for it. Option 18 in. wheels.

Best Bang for the buck
By Rick in PA

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great looks and great handling. Couple this with a great warranty and you have a car that rivals the RSX and Eclipse. The Tib has sleeker lines and a smoother ride than either the RSX, Eclipse, and even the Celica GT. I have about 800 miles on it and am averaging between 25-27 mpg, combined highway/city, not bad. I'm trying to find reasons to drive it! Dollar for dollar, you can't beat it.

Favorite Features

The Infinity sound system with the sub sounds awesome. I like the cassett/CD combination. Side airbags is a plus for safety. Like the orange backlit dash/instrumentation at night. The dual exhaust system yields a sweet purr...

Suggested Improvements

Rear headroom is limited, but with only my wife and I and its primary inhabitants, this isn't much of problem.

Great car for the money
By Donnacoolcar

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car and the the car gets many approving looks.The sound system is fantastic!!!The car looks like a very expensive car ,but is very reasonable.

Favorite Features

My upgraded sound system with huge woofer.My built in sunglass holder.

Suggested Improvements

Make it a little roomier inside with a larger console that you can rest your arm on.

first timer
By jjmalez

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

was unsure about hyundai at first... being a long time mitsubishi guy. the price and rebates attracted me. i'm pleasently suprised so far. lot's of car for the money and a great warranty.

Favorite Features

when it comes to styling, this a pint- sized ferrari 456 gt! bought the car for it's looks alone. great steering and shift-linkage. lot's of standard equipment.

Suggested Improvements

interior fit and finish is sub-par. cheap feel to switches and buttons. fuse box wiring dangles dangerously close to the dead-peddal under the dash.

Hyundai Tiburon GT Special Edition
By mat2818

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Love the sound of the exhaust and it has great handling around the corners, better than my maxima. Turns everyones' head when i go by them.

Favorite Features

It has great pickup off the line. Such a smooth ride. The kenwood stereo that comes with it is awsome.

Suggested Improvements

THE IS A BAD BLINDSPOT IN THE BACK LEFT. Back seat could use about a half foot more room.