2004 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
not too bad
By bpg on 12/23/10 18:07 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ive had my tibby for almost a year. it has 39,000 miles. Im pretty pleased with it, but for being a 4 cylinder "sports" car its pretty slow.. I tried racing my friend who has a very old crappy car and he kept up with me the whole time. i wish it was faster.. the only problems I had was a headlight going out and the tires seem to bald quickly. but the style is awesome. its a good little car for a small gal like me.

Beautiful vehicle and fun to drive
By Vedli on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am a dealer and have purchased all types of vehicles. When I bought this one I was just thinking about dollar signs and how quick it would be to sell to a racer boy. Although when I drove it back it had amazing pick up and stuck to the road with a lot of control. I have read some of the other posts and find it funny, this is a very fast car if you are skilled enough to shift it fast enough. The shifting is very smooth, HP is great, interior and exterior looks fabulous. The front end looks I don't really like although easily fixed with the right body kit. I come from a diverse family of vehicles from the G35 to the Pontiac GTO and by far this one is another keeper in my book.

Love it but it hates me
By Chelsea on 09/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love almost everything about this car but it seems to hate my guts. Bought it with about 90,000 miles on it and after about 6 months the problems started happening. New Clutch, New Timingbelt, was modified with a coldair intake before my purchase and had no cover so it would suck up water when it rained and the check engine light would pop on, front gas pipe leak, front and back oil valve seepage, cover on the moonroof broke, rear window washer broke, driver side window broke, etc. Basically it needs massive repairs every 1-2 months. Not sure if its just a lemon or not because I constantly have different mechanics telling me what great shape it's in and how clean the engine is.

I HATE this car!
By Lauren on 08/29/10 14:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is a terrible car. Not only is outrageously slow for a "sports" car, having less than 200 hp and a 0-60 over 7 sec, the gas mileage poor for being that slow. Plus it is front wheel drive. My other car is faster with 300+ hp and a 0-60 around 5 sec and better on gas. Also, so many things in this car have broken both mechanical and electrical. The axles, the window motors, the radio, the transmission has had multiple issues, and one of the headlights go out about every month. Not to mention the "dual exhaust" is not really dual exhaust it is one pipe that splits into two. This car surprises me every day with its crapiness.

Too early to tell
By jonruiz330 on 07/17/10 09:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my Tibby about a month and a half ago. It really is a nice car. The one and only problem I'm having with it is shifting. One day it shifts like it were brand new and then another day I have to force the shifting. It seems to fix itself but I know one day ill have to drop the big bucks. Other then that, if your 6ft+ expect to roll into the car. I love the design, inside and out. It's not as fast as I thought it would be but from 60-100 mph is fine by me. If you're looking to buy, test drive it and make should to test all gears. If gear shifting is hard, I wouldn't rick it. Overall though, I'm happy with my choice (so far).

Decent Daily Driver
By Blue-GK on 04/07/10 23:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Tiburon to serve as a daily commuter. The performance isn't overwhelming, but the V6 offers the torque delivery that makes the car feel much more relaxed on the freeway, and more responsive at the lights. The styling may make it look a lot more potent than it is, however, as it's not a fast car by any means. Notably, the rearward visibility in this car is low. It can be quite difficult to back out of spaces simply because you have to take a leap of faith to do it. Overall, I'm not disappointed. I test drove an automatic, which was incredibly slow. The manual was the better choice, in my opinion. I've had a few issues with it, but nothing excessive for a 6- year old car.

Not What I thought it would be
By lilbit on 03/19/10 17:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new in 2004 wasn't bad for the first three years, then the engine went, now the air bag light is on it gives itself gas and the engine cuts out while driving down the road,I think a car should run better then this, I take care of my care and feel that these are big problems. Also the bulbs for the headlights don't seem to last long.

my tibby
By soccerplyr83 on 10/22/09 20:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a dream car I haven't owned it very long so I don't know how good it runs just yet but I'm 6,1 and I fit very comfortably in it I like the infinity sound system and the feel of the acceleration could be better when you hit first gear but its fwd so I guess its what you should expect.

An overall great car
By Great Car on 09/27/09 03:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. Not perfect, but fun to drive and own. Im going to post this to help other fellow Hyundai Tiburon owners.. The clutches fail due to a simple part and the fix is simple provided your clut ALL Tiburons 2003 and on both 2.0L I4 and 2.7L V6 5 and 6spd manual models have a clutch slave delay valve. This valve, with a tiny spring, causes your clutch to SLIP. REMOVE IT. Ive done this mod myself.. just need a few tools, brake fluid, and ability to spin a wrench. There are posts online for additional details. This mod will save you HUGE money and restore proper clutch feel and reliability. Provided your clutch isnt already ruined. :( When you replace, remove the valve!

Loved the vehicle but biggest NIGHTMARE!
By Amanda on 06/25/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car, ran great until i hit about 70000 miles. Engine spun a bearing. Had to replace engine even after following all of the manuf. recommendations and what not had reg oil change proofs and what not. Called hyundai usa (which is a joke) The car cost me $17000 dollars $4000 engine work went through 4 engines in 6 months I never once beat this car or anything I treated it like gold. My 2 year old and I used the vehicle to commute. cost me $3000 when I traded it in. Hyundai will never get a penny from me they are a rip off!!! Don't ever buy any Hyundai!! Friends owned and agree.