Used 2004 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Great Car
By Miltiades

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is the funnest car I have ever owned. It is reliable and it looks great. I get compliments all the time on it. I simply cannot stop driving it. Hyundai is a true contender now. Dont pass up a chance to drive one of these.

Favorite Features

Everything about this car is great.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power from the factory would be nice, but with a few aftermarket parts this car performs with any of the other sports cars out there.

awesome
By kenny27

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

What a fun car. Add a fresh air intake for a true 15 hp increase you can feel. No regrets or complaints...

Favorite Features

great looking and awesome soundsystem stock...

Suggested Improvements

More aftermarket upgrades

Shark by any other name
By ghostlion

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I knew when I first sat in a Tib at the autoshow that Hyundai had turned themselves around. I went with a friend a couple of months later for a test drive on a whim, more for fun than to purchase. We were both blown away. Fit and finish are great, quality of materials is above what the price would suggest. I ended up purchase my Tib in Nov '03. I can't tell you how many compliments i have gotten, and how many times i've been forced to open the door to let people get a look inside. Everyone that has gone anywhere with me has just ranted and raved about the car. If i'm feeling cranky I slip the trans into manual mode and drive some fun.

Favorite Features

The entrirely orange dash/center stack lighting. Large cargo hatch. Agressive styling. Availability of aftermarket products. Infinity sound system.

Suggested Improvements

More rear seat room and height clearance. Little more front seat headroom. Better gas milage. HID lighting. Seat heaters. Electric folding mirrors (like the Korean model). Automatic A/C.

Mi Amour - My Love
By Princess45

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After taking a test drive I feel deeply in love with this vehicle. I've always wanted a sports car and the price was definitely right on this. It was such a ease to purchase this vehicle and I drove him home the next business day after the dealership let me keep him for the weekend! He's been very true to me and only has eyes for me!

Favorite Features

The ease in driving. Roomy, sleek interior. Sexy exterior, especially in Red. Great sunroof and easy to operate.

a lot of car for the money
By thejumpinjoe

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

was reluctant to buy a "hyundai" you know a cheap, korean car. the jd powers rating helped, and the cost of replacing my 8 year old eclipse with a new (and ugly) eclipse wasn't appealing. i've been pleasantly suprised. i love the look (it's a pint- size ferrari 456 gt) the interior is well laid out and the steering/shifter is near perfect. got a great deal on it and the car is very nicely equipped.

Favorite Features

looks, steering feel, shifter feel, looks, great seats, standard features, did i mention this car looks great?

Suggested Improvements

some interior materials feel flimsy (vents/buttons) clutch engages too late in the takeup.