2004 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
2004 Tiburon V6 2-door coupe-Trouble
By ucppsych on 11/28/11 17:23 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car brand new. Received a lot of compliments. It only has 50,000 miles on it. Prior to this the headlight, lens covers turned a dark yellow. The rubber around all the doors look like it's a 3 yr. old car. Ashtray light burned out, check engine light continues to go on and off, side power window won't go up or down, airbag light stays on, rear caliper froze-cost 400.00 to replace. Co2 sensor needed to be replaced..another 400+.The sunroof leaks like a sive into my lap. Coating on the mirrors are peeling off leaving it dull. Cannot repaint because it's still peeling. Now it's hard to start, then stalls. No one knows why. Loud sound in the front end when you turn the wheel.

I HATE this car!
By Lauren on 08/29/10 14:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is a terrible car. Not only is outrageously slow for a "sports" car, having less than 200 hp and a 0-60 over 7 sec, the gas mileage poor for being that slow. Plus it is front wheel drive. My other car is faster with 300+ hp and a 0-60 around 5 sec and better on gas. Also, so many things in this car have broken both mechanical and electrical. The axles, the window motors, the radio, the transmission has had multiple issues, and one of the headlights go out about every month. Not to mention the "dual exhaust" is not really dual exhaust it is one pipe that splits into two. This car surprises me every day with its crapiness.

my tibby
By soccerplyr83 on 10/22/09 20:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a dream car I haven't owned it very long so I don't know how good it runs just yet but I'm 6,1 and I fit very comfortably in it I like the infinity sound system and the feel of the acceleration could be better when you hit first gear but its fwd so I guess its what you should expect.

Trust Me
By strtrcr on 04/20/09 03:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car with it having 32,000, It was all good for awhile then a pully went out, then the thermostat broke, then I had to replace the clutch and flywheel at 50,000. The mechanic at the dealer said he was not surprised to know that. Now, the BCM chip is out and is causing my car to have major electrical problems. This car stinks with all the mechanical work that it needs. Just one thing after another. The car is nice for looks but when it comes to reliability, its out the window.

Unique, quick, and a overall good car
By PUN15HR on 03/17/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've now had my tiburon for 2 years, and I must say, overall I'm very impressed. I have modified this thing past the point of unrecognizable and it takes to every mod like a pro. Car has had some issues, (that are known by every tiburon owner) clutch design is a p. O. S as well as the dual mass flywheel setup. Look into a conversion kit for best results. Window motors are known to go bad as well as a alignment issue and syncros (which I have replaced under warranty) overall good handling, great sound from the motor when modified, good acceleration and excellent style. Sure theres little kinks but they had to cheapen some parts to bring such a sports car at such a incredible price.. A+ to Hyundai

fun and unique
By alexthesock on 10/15/08 03:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my tiburon used only a few months ago but I have wanted one since I first laid eyes on one 5 years ago. I was pleasantly surprised with most aspects of the car. Most notably the 6 speed manual is a lot of fun because of the gear ratios. Clutch is both intuitive and fun (very important to me). The front end lines of the car give you a great idea of where your car is but the back end is a little hard to judge. Labeled as 4 seats but really only two really comfortable seats. Im 6,2" and enjoy the driver seat very much. Mine was purchased with custom sound and exhaust so no comment. Fuel economy could be slightly better. **no car is as unique and low-key at the same time as this car**

Surprised and Happy
By Banana GT on 08/19/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Tib GT SE as a cheap commuter car and expected not much more, but I was really amazed by this car. Going on 4 years and 40K miles, and I still love driving it. I have the V6 6-speed, and I've read of people having clutch troubles-- not with me-- I drag race my Tib semi-regularly and use nitrous-oxide injection every time, still the original clutch! I average 29mpg on my regular road trips and couldn't be happier, and it handles fantastic. Not much back seat foot room, so I have to use the other car for family trips, but it is worth it. The Kenwood system is fantastic, and the a/c is excellent. I haven't had a single problem with this car, and I would recommend it to anyone.

never again
By cowboynfr on 04/19/08 16:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car and was fun to drive but as soon as the car hit 60k all the problems started. The cars alignment is perfect but if I let go of the wheel in less than one second its in the ditch dealer says alignment issue even though there is a recall. Now tires need replaced every 10k, intake messed up had to replace that, tranny went out then clutch then clutch master cylinder then clutch slave and now ac is broke. all this in the last 12k miles and all i do is highway driving and gentle driving. I have spend several thousands on this car fixing it and it keeps breaking so just consider this review.

Mid life crisis
By Hillbilly on 09/27/07 10:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I drove by the dealer and had to have this bright yellow sports car. It has been great to drive, although I do store it in the winter months. I had origionally bought it to teach my teens to drive. No way! Way to quick and many blind spots. Its ok though because I totally love to grive this car. Only had 2 mechanical issues, both fully under warrenty.,

I LOVE MY TIBBY
By lynn on 04/04/07 16:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine used with only 7,600 miles on it. I have no complaints with performance as i USE the "slapstick" option if i want more power! I have had no repair issues except that i broke my tib by not seeing a BIG rock in the road :(. I have driven it to Cali 2xs and vegas 2xs. It will do 140+ on straight roads. I have not had the guts to go over the 140 per hour. The driver seat could use some padding in the bottom, get "dead butt" after 4 hrs of driving. I don't have the anti- lock brakes on mine but she will stop on a dime if you use the shift tronic option like a stick!