Used 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT Special Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

2004 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

2004 Tiburon V6 2-door coupe-Trouble
By ucppsych

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car brand new. Received a lot of compliments. It only has 50,000 miles on it. Prior to this the headlight, lens covers turned a dark yellow. The rubber around all the doors look like it's a 3 yr. old car. Ashtray light burned out, check engine light continues to go on and off, side power window won't go up or down, airbag light stays on, rear caliper froze-cost 400.00 to replace. Co2 sensor needed to be replaced..another 400+.The sunroof leaks like a sive into my lap. Coating on the mirrors are peeling off leaving it dull. Cannot repaint because it's still peeling. Now it's hard to start, then stalls. No one knows why. Loud sound in the front end when you turn the wheel.

Favorite Features

Nice looking car..lots of compliments, even now

Suggested Improvements

When a customer contacts the dealer regarding problems, have the decency to contact them back, either by e-mail, etc.

I HATE this car!
By Lauren

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is a terrible car. Not only is outrageously slow for a "sports" car, having less than 200 hp and a 0-60 over 7 sec, the gas mileage poor for being that slow. Plus it is front wheel drive. My other car is faster with 300+ hp and a 0-60 around 5 sec and better on gas. Also, so many things in this car have broken both mechanical and electrical. The axles, the window motors, the radio, the transmission has had multiple issues, and one of the headlights go out about every month. Not to mention the "dual exhaust" is not really dual exhaust it is one pipe that splits into two. This car surprises me every day with its crapiness.

Favorite Features

The sunroof is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Make the engine more efficient. If the car is only going to have 180 hp then at least let it get 30 mpg.

my tibby
By soccerplyr83

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a dream car I haven't owned it very long so I don't know how good it runs just yet but I'm 6,1 and I fit very comfortably in it I like the infinity sound system and the feel of the acceleration could be better when you hit first gear but its fwd so I guess its what you should expect.

Favorite Features

sound system, spoiler, and first and second gear acc.

Suggested Improvements

faster 5th gear, and longer gear ratios

Trust Me
By strtrcr

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car with it having 32,000, It was all good for awhile then a pully went out, then the thermostat broke, then I had to replace the clutch and flywheel at 50,000. The mechanic at the dealer said he was not surprised to know that. Now, the BCM chip is out and is causing my car to have major electrical problems. This car stinks with all the mechanical work that it needs. Just one thing after another. The car is nice for looks but when it comes to reliability, its out the window.

Favorite Features

The style.

Suggested Improvements

Make it a little more roomy, put in a clutch and flywheel that will not go out shortly after you drive the car, make a supercharged engine.

Unique, quick, and a overall good car
By PUN15HR

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've now had my tiburon for 2 years, and I must say, overall I'm very impressed. I have modified this thing past the point of unrecognizable and it takes to every mod like a pro. Car has had some issues, (that are known by every tiburon owner) clutch design is a p. O. S as well as the dual mass flywheel setup. Look into a conversion kit for best results. Window motors are known to go bad as well as a alignment issue and syncros (which I have replaced under warranty) overall good handling, great sound from the motor when modified, good acceleration and excellent style. Sure theres little kinks but they had to cheapen some parts to bring such a sports car at such a incredible price.. A+ to Hyundai

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design, extensive aftermarket support, Dual exhaust, 6speed tranny and the uniqueness of the car. Out of 14 cars ive owned and tuned by 28 years old ive never had so many compliments as well as people sayin "hey what is that thing" lol

Suggested Improvements

NEW CLUTCH! Window motors, and creaks and noises inside the cabin