2003 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Review: GREAT SPORT LOOKING CAR FOR TH

2003 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Review

GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

By akagalovsky on

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought 2003 2.7 V6 Automatic transmission Tiburon in 2005 for $14,000.00. There was only 13000 miles on it. Leather, sunroof, 171 hp, Michelin Tires, "dual" exaust, "premium" sound. And it was sporty RED :) The main reason i bought it because i wanted my car to attract attention and not pay too much money :) There was no single person who didn't ask me "What car is that?" One lady even asked me: "Is it Ferrari?" it was so funny. I have 88K on it and it still doesn't have major problems. Please dont' expect Toyota or Honda quality though. I had about a dozen of small issues half of which was taken care of by the warranty.

With a leather to be terribly cold during the winter time I installed original heated pads. It took me about 8 hours but for $200 I have heated seats.

Steering wheel only goes up and down. I wish it could go back and forth.
By sweetczz
on 10/20/12 07:50 AM (PDT)

I agree. I bought this sports car because: 1) cheapest, good looking sports car 2) allowed for lots of leg room for growing young boys 3) hatchback has been awesome with room! i've transported rock, mulch, 2 grocery carts of food, house moldings, paints, junk you name it this car has been able to hall it all 4) used the hatchback for long drives where the kids can spread out and sleep 5) better gas mileage than other sports cars like it 6) had the most FREE options - a lot of them 7) had the best and longest warranty 8) has only needed regular maintenance upkeep so far (tuneup - once every 7 years - i'm bad) oil changes about every 3-4 miles - I paid for the oil change service and to get my oil changed at 10.00 a pop for the life of the car was well worth it and paid off after the first or second change - tires - brakes - that's my upkeep! 9) the car didn't start peeling or fading until about age 8. Mostly clear coat coming off, black rubber trim fading but the car still has a nice shine and look for it's age - occasional wash/wash through the years 10) leather seats are still in good shape, although starting to wear on the drivers seat - light peeling leather - conditioned once in the blue moon 11) lots of compliments - in fact, the first year a man offered to buy it from me - cost me about 22k taxes, title etc Cons: If you are short, it's hard to see out the windows, dashboard seems to get in the way, side mirrors feel bulky Be nice if it was better gas mileage (about 24-28 mpg) Rally Red cars attract cops LOL be selective in your colors if you want to avoid being harassed by cops - they have literally followed me or done U turns in a road to follow me! They know me in my town now, but it is annoying in other towns that don't know me or my car. only major problem has been the A/C - stopped working properly after about 4 years - haven't had it fixed since because of the cost - maybe one day - i use my moon roof or windows for a/c ;P Overall I love my car, even if she is getting old. If you at least change your oil every 3-5k you are good - change your spark plugs at least every 4 years - I'm too poor to keep up with their expensive maintenance - and my car is 2003 GT and still doing great. Occassional tuneup will keep the speed and vibrations in check. I haven't done any flushes, but I plan to this year. I think after 9 years, it deserves it!