2003 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Review: Junk!

2003 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Review

GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L V6 6-speed Manual)

By jamiedsmith on

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

My Tiburon was a 2003 GT (2.7L V6) with the 6 speed manual transmission. The dual mass flywheel is a major design flaw that Hyundai refuses to acknowledge. I drove my car for four years and 40K miles and replaced the clutch and flywheel twice. Hyundai would not warranty because they consider this repair to be related to abuse. I've driven cars with manual transmissions my whole life without ever having a problem! I'm currently a part of the class action lawsuit against Hyundai for this issue. The plastic levers that let the seats fold forward were also constantly breaking. The lock actuators, outside and inside door handles, and window motors had to be replaced as well.

I fell in love with the unique and sleek design of this car. The leather interior is great. The Infiniti sound system rocks!

They should have used a solid flywheel and a normal design for the clutch slave cylinder. Too many cheap plastic parts. A sports car should be rear wheel drive. My advice is to buy a different car.