Used 2003 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews - 313 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Excellent car
By Tibbylover89

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I can not tell you very much, because I have only had this car less than a month! This car has amazing handling, its not terrible in the rain, the manual mode can be fun, the back seat room is very limited; but I do not usually have many people in the back seat anyways. I love to drive this car on rt. 81, I can really "unleash the beast". I got so much car, for only 8,500! It only has 55,000 miles! I fell inlove with Tibby's when my b/f got one. His is an '01 and at 90k miles, it drives like it is brand new! Highly recommend this car!

very beautiful inside/out, awesome performance, nice handling, awesome stereo system (one of the best I have heard)

more back seat room

I love my Tiburon
By Ryan

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 45,000 miles on it and have driven it another 50,000 with no mechanical issues period. I have a cold air intake, headers, and exhaust, and the car has handled it like a dream! I really could not be any happier with the looks, deceiving amount of interior space and power that this little Hyundai puts out. I take it on 1,000 mile roadtrips; I throw my bike into the hatch; I enjoy carving through North Georgia mountain roads. Until I got this car I was always unsatisfied with the wheels I was in. I bought this thing for $12,000 and haven't complained since. Thank you Hyundai!!! =]

V6, hatchback, exterior design, 6-speed, 30 mpg highway. I can't really ask for any more out of a compact car.

The audio system looks cool at first, but is definitely a weakness. I've had to replace the subwoofer, and both my tweeters are currently out.

The last hyundai
By shanky

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the car new and after 6 years have 28,000 miles. During this time the moon roof broke, driver window was inoperative, both plastic door handles broke, paint in a number of areas has faded, inside and out. Now you cannot put gas into the tank without 17-22 tries due to the charcoal canister, close valve and filter canister needing replacement at a cost of $600.00 plus. They were not sure of the price at the dealership. Contacting the home office was to no avail. This will be the last Hyundai I will ever purchase. They are cheaply built.

Great Car
By Kevin

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the 2003 Tib GT as my first new car at age 35! Have loved it. Clutch replaced during week 1 of ownership - no problem since. A few minor hiccups - parking brake sticks, stuff like that. I am astonished by the level of service I have received from Hyundai!!! Never have I left feeling like I got screwed. Looking at another Hyundai now. Satisfied Hyundai owner!!!

Go kart-like handling, quick, looks great, Infiniti stereo.

Go kart ride. Very harsh ride.

GT v6 6 speed
By GT

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my hyundai tiburon smashed,. It took forever to fond parts, but when i finally did, i found out that the car is the most reliable thing in the yard. I was looking for a sprots coupe to replace my firebird, and when i saw this car i had to have it. I had to replace one belt at 44000 miles, but the wrong size was on the car so it is understandable. I can get 30 miles to the gallon, yes 30, and this is town and country driving. The car is comfortable. Although the seats are not powered they still have lumbar and all the other controls. This car is definitely worth it money in gold. Not to mention it beat most other stock tuners, and i have no power adders on the car.

The 6 speed and horsepower, sound system blows others away, and is is super sexy and not to mention it handles like a champ, great gas milage, and lots of cargo room for a two door

nothing, everything is perfect, except, it should have been rear wheel drive, then it would be really fun to drive