Used 2003 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Love My Tib!
By Joan

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my Tib new in early '04 to get a good deal on the '03's they were trying to unload. Researched the car for a couple of years before buying. Tib has been excellent! Definitely a head-turner. People always think it's a fancier car & can't believe it when I tell them it's a Hyundai. Forever have Porches, BMW's, etc. revving next to me - ha! My Tib is a blast to drive. Minor problems (passenger window stuck) covered under warranty & the dealer was great.

Fun car, but practical, too. Good room in trunk, back seats fold down - I've crammed an amazing amount of stuff in this little car when I needed to. Good gas mileage.

Remote unlock for trunk - can't believe I have to use a key to open it!

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!
By Pat

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

It's a good looking car, performance isn't bad...when the car works and isn't in the damn shop! This car has caused me nothing but problems since I got it. A door handle came off and I barely touched it, the transmission and flywheel had to be replaced at around 75,000 miles. The car is a manual transmission, and during the winter months the parking brake DOES NOT WORK! The brake line freezes and is worthless. Dealership manages to wiggle themselves out of expensive repairs so I have to pay every dollar. I've easily spent $4,000 - $5,000 to keep this car on the road.

It is a good looking car and handles nicely...when it works, which isn't often. It is a cheap car. DO NOT BUY A HYUNDAI!

Better quality is a must. It is a cheap car. I absolutely hate it. I am not selling it because I can't afford to take the financial hit. I am in enough financial trouble because of this car as it is.

Excellent car
By Tibbylover89

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I can not tell you very much, because I have only had this car less than a month! This car has amazing handling, its not terrible in the rain, the manual mode can be fun, the back seat room is very limited; but I do not usually have many people in the back seat anyways. I love to drive this car on rt. 81, I can really "unleash the beast". I got so much car, for only 8,500! It only has 55,000 miles! I fell inlove with Tibby's when my b/f got one. His is an '01 and at 90k miles, it drives like it is brand new! Highly recommend this car!

very beautiful inside/out, awesome performance, nice handling, awesome stereo system (one of the best I have heard)

more back seat room

I love my Tiburon
By Ryan

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 45,000 miles on it and have driven it another 50,000 with no mechanical issues period. I have a cold air intake, headers, and exhaust, and the car has handled it like a dream! I really could not be any happier with the looks, deceiving amount of interior space and power that this little Hyundai puts out. I take it on 1,000 mile roadtrips; I throw my bike into the hatch; I enjoy carving through North Georgia mountain roads. Until I got this car I was always unsatisfied with the wheels I was in. I bought this thing for $12,000 and haven't complained since. Thank you Hyundai!!! =]

V6, hatchback, exterior design, 6-speed, 30 mpg highway. I can't really ask for any more out of a compact car.

The audio system looks cool at first, but is definitely a weakness. I've had to replace the subwoofer, and both my tweeters are currently out.

The last hyundai
By shanky

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the car new and after 6 years have 28,000 miles. During this time the moon roof broke, driver window was inoperative, both plastic door handles broke, paint in a number of areas has faded, inside and out. Now you cannot put gas into the tank without 17-22 tries due to the charcoal canister, close valve and filter canister needing replacement at a cost of $600.00 plus. They were not sure of the price at the dealership. Contacting the home office was to no avail. This will be the last Hyundai I will ever purchase. They are cheaply built.