Used 2003 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews - 311 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

2003 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

A love/hate relationship... with my car!
By srhall89

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

A very fun car to drive... When it isn't in the shop! Purchased from the dealership with 56k miles on it, one owner, and had problems since I got it! Passengers side strut was busted when I bought it, around $650 to get it fixed. Ran good for a while.. I bumped into a curb and broke the strut again, also set the drivers' side airbag off when I hit the curb... Was only going around 15 MPH. Engine had began to make a strange clicking noise when a few weeks later my transmission defaulted to third gear. Transmission fluid and antifreeze began leaking into each other, paint started flaking off spoiler and passengers side mirror, stereo display went out, moonroof rattles very bad when opened.

Really good stereo (if you get the upgrade), has some really good get up and go to it (beat an '02 Mustang and on '03 Cougar in a race), leather features (wrapped steering wheel and gearshifter), like the silver interior accents, nice body style, roasts the tire easily. Body is made of sturdy metal.

Craftmanship! Had to replace the same strut three times, a strut clamp, oil pump, radiator, gas line sprung a leak, was replaced, leaked again.. Needs better paint quality. Hyundai just needs to re-make this car out of good, quality parts.

My Tibby & Me
By Tibby Owner

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Hyundai off the show room floor. She had 4 miles on her. Now, 101,000 miles later we've come quite a ways together. Many memories in what I'd consider to be a very reliable car. While "Tibby" seems to be beginning to slowly break down...She has been very fun and reliable over the past 7 years. I'd love to trade her in for a new one but sadly they are no more. If you're looking for a comfortable seat, exciting ride, sleek design, and speed this is your vehicle.

Speed, "Shift Tronic" Automatic Transmission allows for downshifting when driver feels ness., comfortable seats that hug the driver, sleek design inside & out, great (standard) sound system, and amazing control.

Change color of dash lights (anything but red). MPG not great. If speed control is on while CD is playing when you step on the break you hear a clicking noise that gets a little annoying. Easier access to parts (engine etc.) its hard to do maintenance on your own.

my tibby
By eyedrivealot

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car since it was new. I have 174,000 miles on it currently. I have had no transmission issues or engine issues. Have gone thru two water pumps. Two timing belts, one set of rotors and 3 sets of tires. I would say their ac has issues. I had the car in four times and finally at 130,000 miles the regional manager ok'ed them to replace the whole ac system in my car free of charge. I think their paint could be better but I did get a great deal and the car has served me very faithfully. I drive all over the state, thru snow, rain and hot temperate weather. This car has done it all. I am finally letting it go as a baby doesn't fit all that great in it. I will miss my tiburon.

V6 ,rims,leather,infinity stereo is nice for stock.Handling as well.

Better pint quality,especially on plastic parts.Fix the ac and electrical issues. And anti lock should be standard on any car that costs 18,000$ .

Cheap
By Kaci

2003 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At first I loved this car. It was cheap and fun to drive, but after about 3 months things started to stop working. First my doors stopped locking whether I used the remote or tried to lock it from the inside. Then my back windshield wiper stopped working, and then I could no longer open my trunk from the inside. That winter I couldn't get into my car because it was frozen shut. I tried both sides and I ended up ripping off my passenger side handle. Luckily its a hatchback so I ended up crawling through my trunk. After a while my car stopped handling the way it used to and it felt unsafe and wobbly. Although many things stopped working this car never broke down on me

It looks nice the interior seats are a nice material. I like the stiffness of the steering wheel and when it is preforming the way its supposed to its great.

Remember to put all parts in the car Hyundai! A bunch of 2003 models were recalled. Hyundai forgot to put a part in so I had to go to the dealership, once to figure out if I needed it, and again for them to actually do it.

great car
By Mark

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car for about 2 years and nothing has gone wrong with it... other than a deer running into the side of it. (850 bucks) I have a cold air intake, catback exhaust because I felt like the 2.7 v6 with the 6 speed tran was a lil under powered with 172 hp. I also run premium fuel and I'm at about 200 hp now, the 17 inch rims were nice but I replaced them with 18 inch black lighter weight wheels . stock the cars says it will do 0-60 in 7.2 sec, but I have it at about 200 hp and with the wheels at the track I ran it in 6.1 sec. The is a very fun car to drive stock or with some aftermarket parts. great car for the price, Take care of it and it will take care of you

I just enjoy driving car.

more hp for a car looks like it can run with the best but it really cant stock.