Used 2003 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

my tibby
By eyedrivealot

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car since it was new. I have 174,000 miles on it currently. I have had no transmission issues or engine issues. Have gone thru two water pumps. Two timing belts, one set of rotors and 3 sets of tires. I would say their ac has issues. I had the car in four times and finally at 130,000 miles the regional manager ok'ed them to replace the whole ac system in my car free of charge. I think their paint could be better but I did get a great deal and the car has served me very faithfully. I drive all over the state, thru snow, rain and hot temperate weather. This car has done it all. I am finally letting it go as a baby doesn't fit all that great in it. I will miss my tiburon.

V6 ,rims,leather,infinity stereo is nice for stock.Handling as well.

Better pint quality,especially on plastic parts.Fix the ac and electrical issues. And anti lock should be standard on any car that costs 18,000$ .

Cheap
By Kaci

2003 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At first I loved this car. It was cheap and fun to drive, but after about 3 months things started to stop working. First my doors stopped locking whether I used the remote or tried to lock it from the inside. Then my back windshield wiper stopped working, and then I could no longer open my trunk from the inside. That winter I couldn't get into my car because it was frozen shut. I tried both sides and I ended up ripping off my passenger side handle. Luckily its a hatchback so I ended up crawling through my trunk. After a while my car stopped handling the way it used to and it felt unsafe and wobbly. Although many things stopped working this car never broke down on me

It looks nice the interior seats are a nice material. I like the stiffness of the steering wheel and when it is preforming the way its supposed to its great.

Remember to put all parts in the car Hyundai! A bunch of 2003 models were recalled. Hyundai forgot to put a part in so I had to go to the dealership, once to figure out if I needed it, and again for them to actually do it.

great car
By Mark

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car for about 2 years and nothing has gone wrong with it... other than a deer running into the side of it. (850 bucks) I have a cold air intake, catback exhaust because I felt like the 2.7 v6 with the 6 speed tran was a lil under powered with 172 hp. I also run premium fuel and I'm at about 200 hp now, the 17 inch rims were nice but I replaced them with 18 inch black lighter weight wheels . stock the cars says it will do 0-60 in 7.2 sec, but I have it at about 200 hp and with the wheels at the track I ran it in 6.1 sec. The is a very fun car to drive stock or with some aftermarket parts. great car for the price, Take care of it and it will take care of you

I just enjoy driving car.

more hp for a car looks like it can run with the best but it really cant stock.

Lemon
By hytib03

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this because it was so cute! I now know more about cars than I ever thought I would. This car has had almost everything go wrong. Its not built to put 100 miles on it daily.

The exterior is very nice looking. My gas millage is better than the average but still not great for such a small car. The power of the car is surprising.

Power windows... HA! only for about 60,000 miles then the motors give out. Cruise control -thats been gone for a few years. Transmission fluid has turn black twice, it should be a light red. When its filled up with gas I smell it for almost 100 miles. The seats are very uncomfortable!

Love My Tib!
By Joan

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my Tib new in early '04 to get a good deal on the '03's they were trying to unload. Researched the car for a couple of years before buying. Tib has been excellent! Definitely a head-turner. People always think it's a fancier car & can't believe it when I tell them it's a Hyundai. Forever have Porches, BMW's, etc. revving next to me - ha! My Tib is a blast to drive. Minor problems (passenger window stuck) covered under warranty & the dealer was great.

Fun car, but practical, too. Good room in trunk, back seats fold down - I've crammed an amazing amount of stuff in this little car when I needed to. Good gas mileage.

Remote unlock for trunk - can't believe I have to use a key to open it!