2003 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
GT v6 6 speed
By GT on 04/16/09 08:42 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my hyundai tiburon smashed,. It took forever to fond parts, but when i finally did, i found out that the car is the most reliable thing in the yard. I was looking for a sprots coupe to replace my firebird, and when i saw this car i had to have it. I had to replace one belt at 44000 miles, but the wrong size was on the car so it is understandable. I can get 30 miles to the gallon, yes 30, and this is town and country driving. The car is comfortable. Although the seats are not powered they still have lumbar and all the other controls. This car is definitely worth it money in gold. Not to mention it beat most other stock tuners, and i have no power adders on the car.

Satisfied but not Excited
By A.Fl on 03/29/09 18:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for a few months, got it fire engine red with a 5pd manual transmission. I loved the look and the fact it was a manual, though a bright red coupe was not really in my best interest(I'm a young driver, all I need is more attention on the road, right?). I had been shopping for a year and a half, and I got a great deal, so I ran with it. So far I am happy with everything except the engine power, which is adequate but does not lend itself to being a joy ride. Also, I am having a bit of trouble finding some basic performance parts to increase the HP. Basically, it meets but doesn't exceed expectations in this kind of vehicle.

Fun car, hard to get parts
By Stan on 03/13/09 20:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought mt Tiburon, when i test drove it it had a bad wheel bearing that the dealer replaced for me (cost them 600 bucks)but it took couple of days for Hyundai to get the part to the Toyota dealer.Finally got it home and the Moonroof went out and Toyota's service department being awesome said they would fix that to....on them!at the moment i am still waiting to get my car due to Hyundai shipping not only the wrong part to fix the moonroof but a USED part at that, so right now i'm wondering if i just got myself into a money pit.Good news is that it is the 6 speed with the factory clutch still (crosses fingers).Only bad thing I can say about the car right now is tring to see out the back

Awesome car for price
By nick on 03/01/09 02:18 AM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I paid only $6700 for the car and was well worth it. The 6spd is awesome! Although they should have forgone the metering valve (I took it out) used with the transmission to make it "slip" so that it can be a "friendly" vehicle for everyone to drive along with less slop in the shifter linkage. Should have beefed up the suspension a little bit also to get the tires to stick to the road better and make for a more aggressive feel. Lighter wheels would help too (17" stock are 18 lbs!). With a little bit of money and time it can be built a little to change these "problems". I do love the car though. Very fun to drive and turns heads all the time. Decently powerful v6 and not bad gas mileage for v6

better than people say
By Jamie on 02/15/09 12:20 PM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 03 tib in late 05 with 64,000 miles. The only problem I had was the drivers side window motor went ( which also happened the following year) and the passenger side wouldn't unlock. But that was cheaply fixed. The following summer my ac was leaking somewhere, but if you fill it it lasts you through the summer. Now at 108,000 miles I have replaced the belts and such that goes with that, and have had no issues. I feel the transmission is going slowly but that's it.

03 tiburon gt
By derek neal on 11/24/08 18:54 PM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased the 03 Tiburon. I fell in love with it the minute i saw it online mine wasn't stock from the factory had same major alterations to make it look more sporty. The car runs perfect and like new for being 5 years old. We're into a cold spell where I live now and the car warms up in 5 minutes tops which is great with gas prices as high as they were. If you're looking at buying this car definitely do it, it's a great for a teen to go to school in and upgrades as far as engine or body are surprisingly affordable. Great car and rate it a 10 out of 10 on any scale.

love it
By chilli0007 on 06/20/08 13:41 PM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have mine for over 5 years and still love driving it. I'm constantly getting compliments on it. The car is so much fun to drive. The interior is very well laid out and comfortable. The materials are good. Trunk/hatch is huge. No reliability issues even with it being supercharged for over 4 years. The service at Quality Hyundai is great. I had the clutch replaced and no problems since. A few other problems like the locks and window motor going that was fixed under warranty. I still enjoy it very much and would buy one again.

MY SUMMER PLAY TOY
By TIBURGHINI on 05/18/08 18:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 03 Tibby brand new 5 yrs ago. ever sence then ive been tearing up the road. i had an 00 Elantra prior to the tibby and it was a great car, the tibby is even better! i bought it with the razzi bory kit on it, and been working on it ever since. Soon it will be a real nice show car and will get even more jaws dropping! Between the body kit and the Lambo doors this car is on fire, add the stereo and other touches and you will see I've got an inferno!!!!!!

2003 Hyundai Tiburon V6 GT 5speed
By ardee on 04/18/08 00:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The clutch on this car went bad after 12000 miles. The dealership gave me a hard time at first when it came to the warranty but they ended up replacing it with no cost to me. The paint on the gas cap peeled and they replaced that too. Now after 40000 miles the paint on the side view mirrors and the coating on my headlights peeled off. Other than that everything is good. I luv the car and I never modified anything so far. I already got 4 speeding tickets since I bought it. I recommend this car to anyone. Buy a brand new Tib!

Best car ever
By Degerdi on 03/05/08 12:58 PM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my car for a few weeks now so dont take my word for reliability but this car is amazing