Used 2003 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Best Sports car for the buck
By sweetczz

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this sports car because: 1) cheapest, good looking sports car 2) allowed for lots of leg room for growing young boys 3) hatchback has been awesome with room! ,6) had the most FREE options - a lot of them 7) had the best and longest warranty 8) has only needed regular maintenance upkeep so far (tuneup - once every 7 years - i'm bad) oil changes about every 3-4 miles - 100k miles now

my car has a cassette tape holder - i bought hardware that easily hooks up to any cell phone or MP3 player for playing music love the moon roof, although it stopped functioning properly this year recently - problem closing Easy to use hatchback - seats fold down fast and nicely No major repairs - some recalls but nothing to worry about or pay for - great for a woman who doesn't have much money to put into a car for upkeep!

some kind of seat that pumps upward for short people ( a few inches minimum ), higher roof for taller people dual outlets for charger and navagator (yes, i bought a dual outlet plug, but they are bulky)

GREAT SPORT LOOKING CAR FOR THIS MONEY!
By akagalovsky

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought 2003 2.7 V6 Automatic transmission Tiburon in 2005 for $14,000.00. There was only 13000 miles on it. Leather, sunroof, 171 hp, Michelin Tires, "dual" exaust, "premium" sound. And it was sporty RED :) The main reason i bought it because i wanted my car to attract attention and not pay too much money :) There was no single person who didn't ask me "What car is that?" One lady even asked me: "Is it Ferrari?" it was so funny. I have 88K on it and it still doesn't have major problems. Please dont' expect Toyota or Honda quality though. I had about a dozen of small issues half of which was taken care of by the warranty.

With a leather to be terribly cold during the winter time I installed original heated pads. It took me about 8 hours but for $200 I have heated seats.

Steering wheel only goes up and down. I wish it could go back and forth.

Junk!
By jamiedsmith

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

My Tiburon was a 2003 GT (2.7L V6) with the 6 speed manual transmission. The dual mass flywheel is a major design flaw that Hyundai refuses to acknowledge. I drove my car for four years and 40K miles and replaced the clutch and flywheel twice. Hyundai would not warranty because they consider this repair to be related to abuse. I've driven cars with manual transmissions my whole life without ever having a problem! I'm currently a part of the class action lawsuit against Hyundai for this issue. The plastic levers that let the seats fold forward were also constantly breaking. The lock actuators, outside and inside door handles, and window motors had to be replaced as well.

I fell in love with the unique and sleek design of this car. The leather interior is great. The Infiniti sound system rocks!

They should have used a solid flywheel and a normal design for the clutch slave cylinder. Too many cheap plastic parts. A sports car should be rear wheel drive. My advice is to buy a different car.

Worst car I've ever owned
By Randon

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car brand new with all the options, high spoiler etc. I took extremely good care of the car and really babied it. I loved the look of this car, but had a lot of trouble with the electric windows. I tried to lemon law the car on two occasions. Even the clutch had to be replaced at 12,000 miles. I'm currently in a class action law suit over the issue. You couldn't pay me enough to own another Hyundai.

The way the car looks.

Hyundai should build cars that function over the long haul. I'm not surprised they discontinued the Tiburon. Horrible company and car.

Best car every
By Keith

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I brought my car new in 2002. It has 20K miles on it. It has never given me problems. I drove it from coast to coast when I change duty stations. I still drive it to work. It will be my son's car in the spring. He will have fun driving it too. I would not trade it for anything. That is my Tibby.

Runs smooth and has a good look.

none