2003 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Best Sports car for the buck
By sweetczz on 10/20/12 08:08 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this sports car because: 1) cheapest, good looking sports car 2) allowed for lots of leg room for growing young boys 3) hatchback has been awesome with room! ,6) had the most FREE options - a lot of them 7) had the best and longest warranty 8) has only needed regular maintenance upkeep so far (tuneup - once every 7 years - i'm bad) oil changes about every 3-4 miles - 100k miles now

GREAT SPORT LOOKING CAR FOR THIS MONEY!
By akagalovsky on 02/16/12 11:02 AM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought 2003 2.7 V6 Automatic transmission Tiburon in 2005 for $14,000.00. There was only 13000 miles on it. Leather, sunroof, 171 hp, Michelin Tires, "dual" exaust, "premium" sound. And it was sporty RED :) The main reason i bought it because i wanted my car to attract attention and not pay too much money :) There was no single person who didn't ask me "What car is that?" One lady even asked me: "Is it Ferrari?" it was so funny. I have 88K on it and it still doesn't have major problems. Please dont' expect Toyota or Honda quality though. I had about a dozen of small issues half of which was taken care of by the warranty.

Junk!
By jamiedsmith on 12/16/10 08:15 AM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

My Tiburon was a 2003 GT (2.7L V6) with the 6 speed manual transmission. The dual mass flywheel is a major design flaw that Hyundai refuses to acknowledge. I drove my car for four years and 40K miles and replaced the clutch and flywheel twice. Hyundai would not warranty because they consider this repair to be related to abuse. I've driven cars with manual transmissions my whole life without ever having a problem! I'm currently a part of the class action lawsuit against Hyundai for this issue. The plastic levers that let the seats fold forward were also constantly breaking. The lock actuators, outside and inside door handles, and window motors had to be replaced as well.

Worst car I've ever owned
By Randon on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car brand new with all the options, high spoiler etc. I took extremely good care of the car and really babied it. I loved the look of this car, but had a lot of trouble with the electric windows. I tried to lemon law the car on two occasions. Even the clutch had to be replaced at 12,000 miles. I'm currently in a class action law suit over the issue. You couldn't pay me enough to own another Hyundai.

Best car every
By Keith on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I brought my car new in 2002. It has 20K miles on it. It has never given me problems. I drove it from coast to coast when I change duty stations. I still drive it to work. It will be my son's car in the spring. He will have fun driving it too. I would not trade it for anything. That is my Tibby.

Excellent Purchase!
By Ms. Lidwine H. Comea on 08/21/10 10:51 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Tiburon new and with the exception of one factory recall for a seat belt issue, I have had no problems. I have a five-speed 6 cyl, and get great fuel mileage, both in city and long distance driving. I have the required maintenance done and with 45,155 miles on this baby I have only one complaint. The low profile tires require replacing every two years or so. This is not Hyundai's fault, its the tire manufacture that need to be more responsible in making a better "low" profile tire. The AC, clutch, transmission, etc., has never given me any problems, and I've traveled back and forth to Canada several times with no problems or complaints. Great vehicle!

Most reliable, fun, sexy car
By Morgan on 08/02/10 18:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car at 54k miles, and it got totaled at 80k miles in one year. I drove their car for 32 hours straight from Jonestown, PA, to El Paso Tx. My "Tibby" had nothing wrong with it but general maintenance. The person who owned it previously took as great of care of the car as I did. Once you own one, it is hard to replace it. My Tibby's battery was beat for 2 months, and I just pumped the gas a little, and it never once refused to start for me. The car turned heads wherever I went, and the engine is very well built. I had plans to add pink interior lights, paint the emblems pink, and add a windshield "Tiburon" decal in pink. My car had after-market rims, and a sweet sound system.

Would not buy another
By surrah on 07/30/10 06:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car used with 72,000 miles on it. Totally unreliable! I am always scared to take it on trips because something is always going wrong. Right after I bought it the engine light came on. Spent $2,000 trying to find out what was wrong with it. Clutch went out another 2,000 miles later. $1,200. A/C went out just barley with 79,000 miles. $150. Tires blew out also on my way to catch a flight $900 (expensive tires with NO warranty!) Awful car I do love the outside of it though I am always getting head turned. Don't really care that the back seat is small because no one rides with me. I realize I bought this used but not worth the money I've put back into it

A love/hate relationship... with my car!
By srhall89 on 02/15/10 22:54 PM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

A very fun car to drive... When it isn't in the shop! Purchased from the dealership with 56k miles on it, one owner, and had problems since I got it! Passengers side strut was busted when I bought it, around $650 to get it fixed. Ran good for a while.. I bumped into a curb and broke the strut again, also set the drivers' side airbag off when I hit the curb... Was only going around 15 MPH. Engine had began to make a strange clicking noise when a few weeks later my transmission defaulted to third gear. Transmission fluid and antifreeze began leaking into each other, paint started flaking off spoiler and passengers side mirror, stereo display went out, moonroof rattles very bad when opened.

My Tibby & Me
By Tibby Owner on 02/12/10 20:34 PM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Hyundai off the show room floor. She had 4 miles on her. Now, 101,000 miles later we've come quite a ways together. Many memories in what I'd consider to be a very reliable car. While "Tibby" seems to be beginning to slowly break down...She has been very fun and reliable over the past 7 years. I'd love to trade her in for a new one but sadly they are no more. If you're looking for a comfortable seat, exciting ride, sleek design, and speed this is your vehicle.