2001 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Tiburon, a nice car for a good price
By Neemo22 on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Generally when you see a new type of car like an eclipse or something along those lines it is marketed and sold for a pretty high price I beleive the eclipse hit 18-19000, which is alot of money. When i needed a new car I looked at the Integra, Tiburon and Civic. I pretty much threw the civic out of the picture it just didnt suit me. So it boiled down the the Tiburon or Integra, and the Tiburon won. It has the same specs as an integra but its 4000 dollars cheaper. Most of the reviews I read said it was not as reliable as the integra but I dont drive that much and it has not given me any problems

not what it appears to be
By 24k on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Lots off rattles and squeaks. Less comfort than expected. Poor acceleration and poor handling. seems to slide off the road over bumps.

TO MUCH ROAD NOISE
By SCOTT JARVI on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

actually find this car to be decent,hard to get into reverse at times, at 11000 miles seems to be a well built car..with the exception of the road noise.. would perfer a standard rear wiper for safety issues. for the price with the warranty a pretty good deal

it's a SHARK
By Mokael on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First time I saw it, I knew that this I will own it. I still test driven Civic and Sunfire, but Tiburon was the winner hands down. Awesome basic features (I have 2nd package with CD, sunroof, and stuff), as they say "zippy" engine, pretty small (good for in-city parking), more powerful than Civi will ever be, and much more comfortable and better looking that Sunfire (or Cavalier, or Saturn, or Escort). By the way, should I mention that it has a large and more powerful engine that Celica? Anyhow - if you are looking for a sporty coupe, give Tiburon a try.

2001 tib silver
By George Post on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, some road noise. Drives like a sports car. Love it!

Great Ride
By FDNYtib on 03/08/02 14:39 PM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the tib in the summer, and its doing great, i have over 11,000 miles on it (using it to commute) and its consistantly had great milage and no performance problems. Only complaint is that there is a lot of road noise, but the stereo upgrade drowns that out. Great city car, easy to park, lots of pep when you need it.

i love this car
By erica l. on 02/26/02 04:18 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i've got a 5 speed silver 2001 tiburon at thanksgiving. i first fell in love with the tib as one sailed past me on the highway earlier in the year, and for the same money, i'd much rather have the tib than a civic. better customer service, the car is so much fun, better warranty, and i'd rather have a unique tib than the same old civic or corolla. it is zippy, can keep up with just about anyone, the stereo is great, it responds well, it gets good gas mileage (usually about 28 mpg).