Used 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Best
By brittany

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My dad bought a 2001 Tiburon for me in 2003 I thought it was so cute and there arnt that many on the road. It gave me a little trouble but only because the person who had it befor me didnt take good care of it! I wouldnt trade it for the most expensive car in the world.

The look is my favorite part.

better radio!!!!!

Problems, Problems..
By SwiftTibby

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I should have really thought twice when buying my Hyundai. From day one I had problems with the car, it even failed inspection! Im not downsizing Hyundai because they have come a long way, but they kind of failed with this car. The newer models are great but after this car I really wouldn't trust them.

The sound system, the pick-up + speed..the 2.0L engine is so much better then my old 1.6L, and the handling isn't bad.

The style is a little off, wind-noise, the engine isn't crap but it isn't great either..gas mileage could be better. Hard to find parts as well. Warranty comes with a catch. It's either Im having bad luck with this car or it's really not that great.

My second Tiburon
By benebsm

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am on my second Tiburon and I have become a true believer in the Hyundai product. I agree with the prior reviewer about the cluttered design in the radio/cup holder/ash tray area. Otherwise- I have logged in almost 100k miles on my Tibs and all I have ever had to do is replace the headlights (must be a flaw there). Otherwise, these cars are reliable, fun to drive and really unique looking.

Good pick up, looks great, awesome standard features and I love the sun roof!

See description- need to move the cup holders

my tibby
By scandal

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

fun car, no power, looks good, overall a good value

looks good

definatly more power, area where cupholders,ashtray, radio, are to cluttered. cant use lighter for acceseries and cupholder at the same time, also getting to the stereo controls is impossible with a cup in the holder

Best bang for the buck
By dlk33

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2001 Cobalt Blue with leather. I had a few minor problems which were fixed quickly by the dealership. I love my Tibby! I've put a magnaflow muffler on it, took off the resinator, added a k&n air filter. I'm getting it tinted and eventually hope to improve the horsepower. You can't beat the warranty! I'm not worried about the low resale value because I plan on keeping mine for a long time. If you're thinking about buying one, give it a test drive. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Even with automatic it's a fun car to drive.

Looks both inside and out. Sunroof, leather, stereo sound, auto key lock, power windows&locks, hatchback.

Better retracting seatbelts, more quality factory paint job.