Used 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Don't Depend On It!
By MyTibbySucks

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the biggest piece of crap ever. Almost immediatly the squeaks started. Also have to replace the headlights every time it rains. We bought this new and have put in a transmission at 80,000 miles among other things. At least it was covered under warranty. We have had this thing towed so many times that we upgraded our towing miles through AAA! Buyer beware.

Sporty style, warranty

Keep the body style, but start all over again under the hood.

Tiburon 2001
By TJ

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in July 2001. I love the sleek design; exterior and interior. For the price, it's not bad. My issues with this car are the lights, the trunk and the seat belts. The seat belts are very "sensitive." If I make even the slightest move, it locks up on me. I have to literally slam the trunk so it can close; if not, the trunk light will stay on. I think this car might have electrical issues; headlights constantly need replacing, sometimes, there's a ringing noise that goes off after the car has been running for 15 minutes. The tires that came with the car are horrible, especially in the rain and snow. Explains why they have such a great warranty.

Love the warranty. Interior and exterior design is an eye catcher. Love how the back seat can fold down for extra trunk space.

Better tires, better trained dealers

OK CAR
By OK CAR

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have read some of the other reviews and I agree with some of them. The Tib is not a very sound car, I mean you can hear alot of outside noise when you have two people in the car you have to turn up the radio to hear it at all over the outside noise and normal conversation. I have also had tires replaced and they sell for $200 each. I am now on my third set of headlights and taillights. The paint is less than desired. I had bird droppings on the car and in less than a day it took off the clear coat. The car co. wanted to charge me $2000 to paint. I don't know if I would buy another one especially from this Dealership. Service people are not very nice and it takes 3 hr to change oil.

Color Red gets alot of looks, smart design. Great warranty.

Better paint, less expensive tires, better gas mileage, check on lights burning out, and most important is a dealership service dept that is friendlier.

MyTibby
By Dan

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in 2002 , the year they skipped and introd the 2003. I fell in love with the model on first sight , so it was the ultimate impulse buy. This model is FUN to drive.Very nimble in city traffic! A great ride for the handling enthuiast. Some people find it under powered , but I never thought so. I am a Bear (5'5" , 210lbs) of a guy , and it wasn't always the easiest fit , but I learned to love this little hot rod of mine!

handling , resposiveness

seating adjustments easily become disconnected , Tilt wheel is not user friendly

Secret sport coupe
By Tiburon love

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

People are constantly poking fun at my "hyundai"! But it is by far the step child of sport compacts and the moxt under estimated, it handles just as weel if not better than it's competitors and on it "on days" it can out accelerate any sport compact with equivalent performace talking about the motor... It's seems a little temperamental at times depending on weather and road conditions, it may not perform as well but still thrills me every time I hit the accelerator and throw it through a hard curve!

• SUV