2001 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Best Buy For The Money
By lwidrig on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Tiburon for 2 years now and haven't had a thing wrong with it! It is fun to drive and I don't have to worry about it breaking down anywhere. I have no complaints after 2 years!

Mixed Feelings
By Sporty on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

overall, i like the way the car drives. however, i noticed a problem with the car a couple days after driving it off the lot. It had a terrible intermittent vibration and wabbling - out of control. I also noticed that the car pulled to the left side. The most frustrating part of this problem was the dealership. The claim that nothing was wrong with the car after taking it in several times. I think the car had bad tires. Since then, I had to replace a tire which was not covered. I have also had a few other parts replaced. It was frusttrating to find that my new had these problems, but even worst was the way the dealership dealth with it.

Good Value
By egg on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine about 4 months ago and can't say that I'm disappointed. Yes, it could use more ponies, and some of the interior trim is cheap, but for the money it is an outstanding value. Exceptionally fun to drive, good gas, great service at the dealership. Nothing else in the price class is even close. Warranty outstanding. Get the leather and rims, it's worth it.

Tiburon - value and fun to drive
By David Varnam on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My previous car was a Dodge Neon - what a mistake! By comparison the Tiburon is a delight to drive. Even the selling experience was not unpleasant. Two problems to date - both fixed quickly and at NO cost under the great warranty. Highly recommend this model.

2001 Hyundai Tiburon
By EXtremeRacerS on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car for 13,563.19 Brand new in 2001 It has cd leather fully loaded. The car rattles a little but i expected it. I race the car in SCCA SOLOII H Stock the car does well and will do better with mods. The bottom line is this at the time there was no other car that offered its performence for the price. By the way did i mention that the car weighs only 63lbs more than the Integra type r. And with all the races iv'e attended with 22,000 miles I put on it I still have not replaced the brake pads.

Quick Little Econo
By Oz on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This in my opinion is a great car for someone that wants that sports car, but still wants the convenience, price, and reliability of an economy ride. Never had a problem and after a few performance modifications I found this car to be very quick.

Not so Happy
By notsohappy on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Tib for a year and a half and am not too happy with it. I have had no mechanical problems, but many annoying minor problems. I've had the driver side seatbelt replaced for not retracting, both headlights and fog lights have been replaced twice in the past 6 months, windshield wipers actually got stuck together in a rain storm, driver side running panel is warped, paint chips VERY easily, and bird poop eats right through the paint (even when washed off within a few days). Other than that, it's fun to drive. But, I am not sure I would buy another.

If you drive it, you'll buy it!
By Hands on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 19 months and 16,000 miles the Tiburon still runs and rides like new. No problems and lots of looks and comments. Two of my friends bought them after seeing and driving mine and they're just as happy. For the $$$ you absolutely can't go wrong. And now, as an added plus, resale on them is great! Only complaint is the paint...could be a lot tougher. Go for it!

I've had my car for 2 weeks
By Scar on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Includes 17" factory alloys. Gets fairly good gas mileage and performance on premium fuel. Handles great on standard factory GT tires.

Tiburon, a nice car for a good price
By Neemo22 on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Generally when you see a new type of car like an eclipse or something along those lines it is marketed and sold for a pretty high price I beleive the eclipse hit 18-19000, which is alot of money. When i needed a new car I looked at the Integra, Tiburon and Civic. I pretty much threw the civic out of the picture it just didnt suit me. So it boiled down the the Tiburon or Integra, and the Tiburon won. It has the same specs as an integra but its 4000 dollars cheaper. Most of the reviews I read said it was not as reliable as the integra but I dont drive that much and it has not given me any problems