Used 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

2001 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

No major issues after 7 years
By Sarge

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car originally for the mileage and warranty...and hasn't let me down yet. Nothing major (besides hitting a deer).....replaced normal wear items and battery. Only out of ordinary issue was a bad rear wheel bearing at 75K. Couple of design quirks....the cup holder sucks, tilt steering is funky to operate, the front end look is love/hate. Still averages 35MPG on the highway...only aftermarket parts is a larger throttle body and K&N drop-in filter. The paint does suck....clear coat is gone in spots...but all in all I got more than my $ worth out of this car. Good hauler too....did just fit 50 2x4 studs in the thing, all I had to do was take the headrest off the pass seat lol

Flexibility of a hatchback, good mileage, unique exterior design, good front pass space, reliable

Better interior design, paint quality lacking, better interior lighting

just gotta love her!
By Love my Tibby!!!

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Tibby for 3 years now and she has been the best car I have ever had (I have only had 4 until I got the Tib.) I don't experience ALOT of noise, there is some, I have only bought tires once, that was 3 months ago. I have driven on the hwy at 150km no problem and in the city I have no problem accelerating. And it's cute as a button!

I am 5' tall and my Tibby is the perfect size for me (I CAN SEE OVER THE DASH!!) - haha! Everything works great. We get alot of looks when we are out!

It would be nice to get more than 410 km out of a tank. (wink)

Great Car!
By jbcleere

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like everything about this car. Looks great, handles great, lots of room, quiet and comfortable. I've had this car over a year and have not had any trouble with it. Great gas saver also, I get 30-33 mpg! Can't understand all the negative comments, maybe I've just been lucky.

Definitely the looks.

None.

dont buy a tiburon
By sabre 1

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I have ever bought. At 60,000 I have things that are going wrong that shouldn't be until it has 100,000 miles. Heater control knob, rear wheel bearings, emergency brake cable faulty, brakes faulty, poor high idle rpms rims leak air, took it to dealer in Heath Ohio and was told 1050.00 dollars to repair. Should have kept Nissan sentra with twice the mileage in and more dependable.

none

Dont buy it, its not worth it!!
By Stupid Car

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This being my first car was nice when I got it. There were a couple things wrong but nothing big. After I had it for 3 months it needed new tires, new headlights and new taillights. It had about 40,000 miles on it when I got it and it now has 90,000 in the time that I have had it I put around $3,000 into it. Now it needs new belts, a new transmission, a new motor for the window because it never goes up once you get it down all the way. Once you start the car it doesn't stop squeaking. I have kept up with all of the usual maintenance and gotten tune ups when needed but it still runs like crap. The tilt steering wheel takes a lot of pressure to get it to move.

Gas mileage was about 28 mpg, sporty style.

Move the cup holders, if you put a tall cup in them it shuts off the AC. Everything under the hood needs to be changed. Better paint.