2001 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Tiburon 2001
By TJ on 08/13/06 06:41 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in July 2001. I love the sleek design; exterior and interior. For the price, it's not bad. My issues with this car are the lights, the trunk and the seat belts. The seat belts are very "sensitive." If I make even the slightest move, it locks up on me. I have to literally slam the trunk so it can close; if not, the trunk light will stay on. I think this car might have electrical issues; headlights constantly need replacing, sometimes, there's a ringing noise that goes off after the car has been running for 15 minutes. The tires that came with the car are horrible, especially in the rain and snow. Explains why they have such a great warranty.

OK CAR
By OK CAR on 04/23/06 20:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have read some of the other reviews and I agree with some of them. The Tib is not a very sound car, I mean you can hear alot of outside noise when you have two people in the car you have to turn up the radio to hear it at all over the outside noise and normal conversation. I have also had tires replaced and they sell for $200 each. I am now on my third set of headlights and taillights. The paint is less than desired. I had bird droppings on the car and in less than a day it took off the clear coat. The car co. wanted to charge me $2000 to paint. I don't know if I would buy another one especially from this Dealership. Service people are not very nice and it takes 3 hr to change oil.

MyTibby
By Dan on 01/21/06 18:54 PM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in 2002 , the year they skipped and introd the 2003. I fell in love with the model on first sight , so it was the ultimate impulse buy. This model is FUN to drive.Very nimble in city traffic! A great ride for the handling enthuiast. Some people find it under powered , but I never thought so. I am a Bear (5'5" , 210lbs) of a guy , and it wasn't always the easiest fit , but I learned to love this little hot rod of mine!

Secret sport coupe
By Tiburon love on 12/07/05 15:44 PM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

People are constantly poking fun at my "hyundai"! But it is by far the step child of sport compacts and the moxt under estimated, it handles just as weel if not better than it's competitors and on it "on days" it can out accelerate any sport compact with equivalent performace talking about the motor... It's seems a little temperamental at times depending on weather and road conditions, it may not perform as well but still thrills me every time I hit the accelerator and throw it through a hard curve!

lots wrong
By red tib on 09/19/05 11:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i like the look of the car and the pick up.. i dont like the tires why does it need a v rating? i had it up to 148mph but i got a aem cold air and a 2 1/2 catback. i hate the cup holders and the room in the back. i had alot of proublems with it i had 2 replace the lights a couple times and the motor in the window. the moonroof had a leak. and when i got the music up somtimes the window wont go up or down... its not that smooth of a ride and it makes alot of noise even though i like the car at times i would never buy one again and i wouldnt let any of my friends get one either

Best
By brittany on 08/18/05 22:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My dad bought a 2001 Tiburon for me in 2003 I thought it was so cute and there arnt that many on the road. It gave me a little trouble but only because the person who had it befor me didnt take good care of it! I wouldnt trade it for the most expensive car in the world.

Problems, Problems..
By SwiftTibby on 11/08/04 15:37 PM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I should have really thought twice when buying my Hyundai. From day one I had problems with the car, it even failed inspection! Im not downsizing Hyundai because they have come a long way, but they kind of failed with this car. The newer models are great but after this car I really wouldn't trust them.

My second Tiburon
By benebsm on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am on my second Tiburon and I have become a true believer in the Hyundai product. I agree with the prior reviewer about the cluttered design in the radio/cup holder/ash tray area. Otherwise- I have logged in almost 100k miles on my Tibs and all I have ever had to do is replace the headlights (must be a flaw there). Otherwise, these cars are reliable, fun to drive and really unique looking.

my tibby
By scandal on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

fun car, no power, looks good, overall a good value

Best bang for the buck
By dlk33 on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2001 Cobalt Blue with leather. I had a few minor problems which were fixed quickly by the dealership. I love my Tibby! I've put a magnaflow muffler on it, took off the resinator, added a k&n air filter. I'm getting it tinted and eventually hope to improve the horsepower. You can't beat the warranty! I'm not worried about the low resale value because I plan on keeping mine for a long time. If you're thinking about buying one, give it a test drive. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Even with automatic it's a fun car to drive.