Used 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

2001 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

just gotta love her!
By Love my Tibby!!!

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Tibby for 3 years now and she has been the best car I have ever had (I have only had 4 until I got the Tib.) I don't experience ALOT of noise, there is some, I have only bought tires once, that was 3 months ago. I have driven on the hwy at 150km no problem and in the city I have no problem accelerating. And it's cute as a button!

Favorite Features

I am 5' tall and my Tibby is the perfect size for me (I CAN SEE OVER THE DASH!!) - haha! Everything works great. We get alot of looks when we are out!

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to get more than 410 km out of a tank. (wink)

Great Car!
By jbcleere

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like everything about this car. Looks great, handles great, lots of room, quiet and comfortable. I've had this car over a year and have not had any trouble with it. Great gas saver also, I get 30-33 mpg! Can't understand all the negative comments, maybe I've just been lucky.

Favorite Features

Definitely the looks.

Suggested Improvements

None.

dont buy a tiburon
By sabre 1

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I have ever bought. At 60,000 I have things that are going wrong that shouldn't be until it has 100,000 miles. Heater control knob, rear wheel bearings, emergency brake cable faulty, brakes faulty, poor high idle rpms rims leak air, took it to dealer in Heath Ohio and was told 1050.00 dollars to repair. Should have kept Nissan sentra with twice the mileage in and more dependable.

Favorite Features

none

Dont buy it, its not worth it!!
By Stupid Car

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This being my first car was nice when I got it. There were a couple things wrong but nothing big. After I had it for 3 months it needed new tires, new headlights and new taillights. It had about 40,000 miles on it when I got it and it now has 90,000 in the time that I have had it I put around $3,000 into it. Now it needs new belts, a new transmission, a new motor for the window because it never goes up once you get it down all the way. Once you start the car it doesn't stop squeaking. I have kept up with all of the usual maintenance and gotten tune ups when needed but it still runs like crap. The tilt steering wheel takes a lot of pressure to get it to move.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage was about 28 mpg, sporty style.

Suggested Improvements

Move the cup holders, if you put a tall cup in them it shuts off the AC. Everything under the hood needs to be changed. Better paint.

Really Good Car!
By Sally

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've never had a moments trouble with my "sports car". This car is great to drive, and as far as the noise quotient - it's a sports car! If you want an uber-quiet drive, buy your grandpa's car. If you want a reliable, fun, good performing, and great gas mileage car, complete with loads of compliments, buy this car!!!

Favorite Features

Exterior design, stick shift, acceleration of vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

None!