2001 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
just gotta love her!
By Love my Tibby!!! on 08/13/08 01:04 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Tibby for 3 years now and she has been the best car I have ever had (I have only had 4 until I got the Tib.) I don't experience ALOT of noise, there is some, I have only bought tires once, that was 3 months ago. I have driven on the hwy at 150km no problem and in the city I have no problem accelerating. And it's cute as a button!

Great Car!
By jbcleere on 07/21/08 23:04 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like everything about this car. Looks great, handles great, lots of room, quiet and comfortable. I've had this car over a year and have not had any trouble with it. Great gas saver also, I get 30-33 mpg! Can't understand all the negative comments, maybe I've just been lucky.

dont buy a tiburon
By sabre 1 on 05/26/08 07:17 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I have ever bought. At 60,000 I have things that are going wrong that shouldn't be until it has 100,000 miles. Heater control knob, rear wheel bearings, emergency brake cable faulty, brakes faulty, poor high idle rpms rims leak air, took it to dealer in Heath Ohio and was told 1050.00 dollars to repair. Should have kept Nissan sentra with twice the mileage in and more dependable.

Dont buy it, its not worth it!!
By Stupid Car on 05/09/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This being my first car was nice when I got it. There were a couple things wrong but nothing big. After I had it for 3 months it needed new tires, new headlights and new taillights. It had about 40,000 miles on it when I got it and it now has 90,000 in the time that I have had it I put around $3,000 into it. Now it needs new belts, a new transmission, a new motor for the window because it never goes up once you get it down all the way. Once you start the car it doesn't stop squeaking. I have kept up with all of the usual maintenance and gotten tune ups when needed but it still runs like crap. The tilt steering wheel takes a lot of pressure to get it to move.

Really Good Car!
By Sally on 02/06/08 11:04 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've never had a moments trouble with my "sports car". This car is great to drive, and as far as the noise quotient - it's a sports car! If you want an uber-quiet drive, buy your grandpa's car. If you want a reliable, fun, good performing, and great gas mileage car, complete with loads of compliments, buy this car!!!

A great car!
By Tom Marshall on 01/03/08 15:03 PM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car partly because of the excellent 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty, because the reviews were saying Hyundai had solved quality issues, and the price was right! The main issue for me from day one has been rear visibility, and a problem with the headlights burning out periodically (a minor problem, and replacement was free of course). In sum, I love this car, and am very, very likely to return to Hyundai for my next car! This car new, & loaded, was $14,000! I occasionally research the market for new cars and based on value, quality, and features, repeatedly find Hyundai is best!

2001 Hyundai
By Alanna on 11/21/07 10:17 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car to drive around city and fun summer vehicle. Not good for country night driving on dark country roads. I had alot of fun driving in the warm months but do not like how it handles on ice and in snow. This car has great miles per gallon. I bought this car brand new and thought very reliable until this past year. Transmission went out so it was great to have the 100,000 mile warranty.

I will never purchase another Hyundai
By trisha on 04/18/07 16:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I presently have 67,000 miles on my car. Recently, I have had nothing but problems it. Although I have done all the scheduled maintenance on this vehicle, everything not covered under warranty is wearing out. In the last couple of months, I have had to put almost $2500 into it to keep it running. I am also being told that the clutch and the power steering are going at this point. I have taken care of the car, and not run it hard. This is my second Hyundai (my first was in the 1980's), and I thought with the warranty I was getting a better car. Not so. The drive train warranty covers only the internal engine and internal tranny parts - the dealerships don't tell you that. Buyer beware.

Much better than you think
By CL on 03/08/07 14:02 PM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is pretty good. The only problem I've had is that my front wheel bearing was shot around 80,000 miles. The dealership fixed it for free under 100,000 mile warranty. No other problems so far and I'm nearing the 100,000 mile mark. I do my own oil changes, and did my own tune-up. Paint is still excellent even though I park it outside. I did wax it a couple times. Overall, an excellent car, but not very comfortable because after a long drive, my back hurts. The only time I had to call a tow truck was when I ran out of gas. LOL.

Don't Depend On It!
By MyTibbySucks on 01/07/07 19:54 PM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the biggest piece of crap ever. Almost immediatly the squeaks started. Also have to replace the headlights every time it rains. We bought this new and have put in a transmission at 80,000 miles among other things. At least it was covered under warranty. We have had this thing towed so many times that we upgraded our towing miles through AAA! Buyer beware.