Used 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Amazing little machine
By giotis92

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Well I came to the states after done with high school in europe and my uncle gave me this car! I did not think of much at the time but it has captured my heart as i said amazing car even though way underestimated!! I do not want to give this car away ever!!

I love my Tib
By cora_v

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Tib brand new and yes the radio went within three months and yes the front wheel barrings keep going(left 2x right 3x), it goes through headlights like no tomorrow, has had 3 alts and those tires phew, can they make some decent tires for this car? And right now my timing belt and water pump just blew at 135,000 (replaced at 90,000). I still love this car. My husband wants me to get rid of it but its perfect. Handles great, good on gas, zip in and out of traffic, I have no trouble in ice and snow or rain. I would buy this car all over again. When the time comes to get another vehcile I will buy another Hyundai.

I am 4' 11" and this vehicle is made for small people. I fit great. Tall people beware.

Really the radio and cup holders do not work well together. Drinks spill into the radio and short it out. Learned the hard way.

2001 tiburon
By maria99f4

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my tiburon about 3 years ago it has yet to let me sit. however the only proublems i have had with the car is the breaks. i had to put a new master cylender new calipers all new break lines and hoses and a new break booster. other than that the car has been good to me it runs great and has 123000k miles on it. however i dont think i would see my sefl buying another one

No major problems
By Joshua

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall have had a good experience with this vehicle. Only owner. Have had to fix both windows ($300-400 each) and the driver's side is acting up again. Tape deck went bad within a few months, replaced under warranty. ~110,000miles and have changed oil and spark plugs, no issues with engine or other components. Have been in a few (not too major) accidents and was impressed by the safety of such a small car. Handles great in good conditions. So light that drives horrible in snow, not that good on very wet surfaces, and only OK on dirt/gravel. Not enough weight on tires to keep enough friction. Backseat is hard to fit anyone over ~5'5".Trunk is surprisingly roomy.

Trunk space. Manual transmission. Looks good.

Slide out cup-holder gets stuck easily. Window mechanisms are not good. Passenger door lock is kinda weird sometimes, but I don't usually have a passenger.

FAST HYUNDAI
By HyundaiBoi

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am 15 this is my first car and i love it, i have gotten in two several races and this car is stock! this car is the best car ever i bought it for 2400 salvage title, it was really a good investment. i just did a tune up and vrooom man this car is great. i would really suggest this car two someone who is looking for a fast tuner.

135 hp stock! bucket racing style seats.