2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Amazing little machine
By giotis92 on 10/09/11 18:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Well I came to the states after done with high school in europe and my uncle gave me this car! I did not think of much at the time but it has captured my heart as i said amazing car even though way underestimated!! I do not want to give this car away ever!!

I love my Tib
By cora_v on 09/30/11 14:32 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Tib brand new and yes the radio went within three months and yes the front wheel barrings keep going(left 2x right 3x), it goes through headlights like no tomorrow, has had 3 alts and those tires phew, can they make some decent tires for this car? And right now my timing belt and water pump just blew at 135,000 (replaced at 90,000). I still love this car. My husband wants me to get rid of it but its perfect. Handles great, good on gas, zip in and out of traffic, I have no trouble in ice and snow or rain. I would buy this car all over again. When the time comes to get another vehcile I will buy another Hyundai.

2001 tiburon
By maria99f4 on 01/08/11 11:09 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my tiburon about 3 years ago it has yet to let me sit. however the only proublems i have had with the car is the breaks. i had to put a new master cylender new calipers all new break lines and hoses and a new break booster. other than that the car has been good to me it runs great and has 123000k miles on it. however i dont think i would see my sefl buying another one

No major problems
By Joshua on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall have had a good experience with this vehicle. Only owner. Have had to fix both windows ($300-400 each) and the driver's side is acting up again. Tape deck went bad within a few months, replaced under warranty. ~110,000miles and have changed oil and spark plugs, no issues with engine or other components. Have been in a few (not too major) accidents and was impressed by the safety of such a small car. Handles great in good conditions. So light that drives horrible in snow, not that good on very wet surfaces, and only OK on dirt/gravel. Not enough weight on tires to keep enough friction. Backseat is hard to fit anyone over ~5'5".Trunk is surprisingly roomy.

FAST HYUNDAI
By HyundaiBoi on 04/28/10 20:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am 15 this is my first car and i love it, i have gotten in two several races and this car is stock! this car is the best car ever i bought it for 2400 salvage title, it was really a good investment. i just did a tune up and vrooom man this car is great. i would really suggest this car two someone who is looking for a fast tuner.

Looks cute, but it's a special needs car
By asherave on 02/16/10 19:28 PM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If I had eschewed the last three repairs (at least $6,000 ago), I could have afforded a more reliable used car by now.

nice car for the price
By andrew on 07/28/09 22:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car since 2006 and have put 24,000 on it so far. I've replaced the belts and front brake pads; done my own oil changes and had the atf replaced. The automatic tranny has never felt right, it shifts weird but has never broke down. The power is decent and the handling is ok. The brakes are fantastic but to sensitive at times. I locked the left front wheel only in a sudden stop and the car had handling issues after that. Its noisy even with the windows rolled but the sunroof is a great feature. The fuel regulator leaked so I replaced it but the new one started leaking after a year. The stereo is possessed. Cant skip forward on a cd just back, changes from radio to cd on its own.

Never again
By Angel on 07/14/09 12:56 PM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

it looked nice. it ran like junk . When it rained the lights blew out. The tranny was bad and the color was awful. The paint job on them was bad and honestly i will never ever buy another one ever again . We let them know the paint was peeling and they said it's under warranty . Well yeah if i wanted to pay 500- and whats more it was only 6 months off the line. Thxs and sorry never again

It is what it is.
By Denis on 01/15/09 10:26 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 8 years the stick is still a fun drive. Typical of exposed braking systems is noise and caliper rattle at times. The headlamp filament is probably too wide for the vibration it receives and is prone to break about every 6 months-- I don't see this as an electrical problem with the headlamps. The brakes are very substantial for the car's weight and braking on slippery roads requires some concentration to maintain control. This was surely designed to be a fun, economical sports car. With TLC and a little help from the warranty, it is exactly that.

No major issues after 7 years
By Sarge on 11/12/08 17:12 PM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car originally for the mileage and warranty...and hasn't let me down yet. Nothing major (besides hitting a deer).....replaced normal wear items and battery. Only out of ordinary issue was a bad rear wheel bearing at 75K. Couple of design quirks....the cup holder sucks, tilt steering is funky to operate, the front end look is love/hate. Still averages 35MPG on the highway...only aftermarket parts is a larger throttle body and K&N drop-in filter. The paint does suck....clear coat is gone in spots...but all in all I got more than my $ worth out of this car. Good hauler too....did just fit 50 2x4 studs in the thing, all I had to do was take the headrest off the pass seat lol