Used 1999 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Save your money.
By brandon20068837

1999 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Hatchback

I have never been so happy to get rid of a car in my life. Put way tooo much money into a huge lemon. Constantly sinking LARGE amounts of money into this foreign car. When something goes on these cars only Hyundai dealers want to mess with them. I would cringe when i would have to stop at a red light because it would take me 20 minutes to get back to speed.

The cd player I PUT IN because the factory one was a pile. Gas mileage is great!

The car sits so low its ridiculous.I had to put a mass air flow censor in the car every 2 months. The first one I put in cost me almost 1,000 after the towing (because its foreign). The car sounded like a tractor all the time. The paint peeled like crazy. I had this car in the garage all the time!

owned for less than a year
By meegz_29

1999 Hyundai Tiburon FX 2dr Hatchback

Radiator is crap, it's cracked along the seam. Blown head gasket due to thermostat sticking (according to Hyundai). Starting to get rust around wheel wells and rusting out in tire well. Very pokey til I added a racing exhaust and cold air intake, did a port and Polish on intake and head but haven't tested that yet due to trying to finish up the blown head gasket fix. Paint is faded bad on hood. Do not put a bra on your car !, looks better but kills the paint job as I found out from the previous owner doing so !

The looks from the back of the car.

Buy the standard transmission version. If you want power out of this car you need to first buy a cold air intake, exhaust (after market), big bore throttle body, chip, engine man. System, etc. Will not even spin the tires stock. Pretty weak but good project car.

Super!....Mostly
By Marylou

1999 Hyundai Tiburon FX 2dr Hatchback

I love my car and I always will. What I don't like, however, is within less than a year of owning it, it developed a "clunk" when downshifting. Both the dealer and manufacturer have refused to fix it, stating that it is inherent in the model and is not a safety hazard. As much as I love my Tiburon, I will not buy another Hyundai if I cannot count on the manufacturer and dealer to stand behind it and honor their drive train warranty.

The body style, espacially the lovely shark-fin spoiler that came with mine...not your ordinary spoiler.

great car
By SHEA

1999 Hyundai Tiburon FX 2dr Hatchback

I've really enjoyed owning my Tiburon. It's been a great car to me with no problems mechanically or otherwise. It accelerates quickly and can reach the fast speeds in which a sports car should. I can't say I have any complaints.

The style, speed, and stereo system.

The Tib
By alishaffer12

1999 Hyundai Tiburon FX 2dr Hatchback

I really enjoy all aspects of my car.

Over all, my favorite feature would have to be the exterior design.

more horsepower!