1999 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Save your money.
By brandon20068837 on 12/28/08 19:31 PM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Hatchback

I have never been so happy to get rid of a car in my life. Put way tooo much money into a huge lemon. Constantly sinking LARGE amounts of money into this foreign car. When something goes on these cars only Hyundai dealers want to mess with them. I would cringe when i would have to stop at a red light because it would take me 20 minutes to get back to speed.

owned for less than a year
By meegz_29 on 09/15/08 23:09 PM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Tiburon FX 2dr Hatchback

Radiator is crap, it's cracked along the seam. Blown head gasket due to thermostat sticking (according to Hyundai). Starting to get rust around wheel wells and rusting out in tire well. Very pokey til I added a racing exhaust and cold air intake, did a port and Polish on intake and head but haven't tested that yet due to trying to finish up the blown head gasket fix. Paint is faded bad on hood. Do not put a bra on your car !, looks better but kills the paint job as I found out from the previous owner doing so !

Super!....Mostly
By Marylou on 02/14/08 16:43 PM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Tiburon FX 2dr Hatchback

I love my car and I always will. What I don't like, however, is within less than a year of owning it, it developed a "clunk" when downshifting. Both the dealer and manufacturer have refused to fix it, stating that it is inherent in the model and is not a safety hazard. As much as I love my Tiburon, I will not buy another Hyundai if I cannot count on the manufacturer and dealer to stand behind it and honor their drive train warranty.

great car
By SHEA on 07/30/05 00:26 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Tiburon FX 2dr Hatchback

I've really enjoyed owning my Tiburon. It's been a great car to me with no problems mechanically or otherwise. It accelerates quickly and can reach the fast speeds in which a sports car should. I can't say I have any complaints.

The Tib
By alishaffer12 on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Tiburon FX 2dr Hatchback

I really enjoy all aspects of my car.

The Great Silver Shark
By MetalliMan on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Tiburon FX 2dr Hatchback

B-E-A-U-tiful, this car is awesome. Cheap. Fast. Comfortable. All-Around Amazing. I have no bad things to say about the car except that its a great experience. The handling and cosmetics say at least $20,000, but it was sold to me for $6,999. Awesome.

90,000 miles and still going strong
By Bmorris248 on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Hatchback

I have 90,000 miles on my Tiburon and it still running great. I have only had to replace the Battery once and I got a tune-up when I hit 60,000 miles other than that I have had zero problems with it.

tiburon
By shaggy on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Hatchback

unreal car, unstopable at the lights

My First Car
By Douglasmod on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Tiburon FX 2dr Hatchback

This is the first car I have purchased. I am very happy with the styling and the comfort of the car. I would encourage anyone to buy a Tiburon.

i love my car
By wildone on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Tiburon FX 2dr Hatchback

i have only had my car about one month, but i am in love with it, and as for the dealer i got it from well thank you, thank you so much.i would never have thought i would be riding around in a car like this, i went in to look at the little cars and well the rest is history. i know what my next car will be and whom i will go to, to get it. thank you hyundai of henderson lv.