1998 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Surprisingly reliable little sporty car
By Happy AZ Customer! on 07/17/08 16:40 PM (PDT)

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback FX 2dr Hatchback

I'm a hardcore VW car lover, but with my insurance doubling when I moved from MI to AZ on my VW I decided I needed a new car. I wanted to buy something cheap just to hold me over until I found my real car. I was pretty shocked how much I like this car. The gas mileage is great (like 28 more or less depending on friskiness at wheel) but it has enough pep to beat any automatic with gusto and has withstood the hot AZ temps with no problems. Interior sucks, but that is probably from my climate. We're at 127000 and going strong!

AMAZING
By AMAZING on 10/29/07 19:32 PM (PDT)

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback FX 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 1998 Hyundai tiburon and i am complete satisified! It is an amazing reliable car that is REALLY fun to drive! It is fast and stylish at the same time. A definate best buy!!

GOOD.....................
By RJ"Model" on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback FX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this vehicle in 1998(new). Have 124,000 miles now and its so good as new. Nice performance, good ride and stability.First one was a Scoupe LS and loved it but this one Tiburon FX love it more. I think that Hyundai Company are making a very noticeable change in the quality and theyre proving that they know how to built a good machine. *People doesn't know, but I saw a review years ago, and to my surprise I didnt know that the best or one of the best engines of Mitsubishi was the Precis Turbo, made by Hyundai. To keep a car in good shape, no matter the brand, give a good maintenance. Thats the life of a car.

Love it!
By PassionKnight10 on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback FX 2dr Hatchback

This is one fun automobile to drive! I have had very few problems (minor things) and very much enjoyment. As always Hyundai loads their cars with extra features at no cost. The handling is great even in excess of 130 mph. The braking is incredible also. I can't say enough about this car.

Hyundai takes on the imports
By Marks' Tiburon on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback FX 2dr Hatchback

Ihave to admit, I have been happy in the past with other Hyundai models but this one really surprises me. It has been a fun, reliable, comfortable, economical and flexible car to live with. It's driving characteristics remind me of much more expensive vehicules. It has been very reliable with minimal maintenance required, and given it's lift back configuration, I am able to cary large cargo when the need arises. It is enjoybale ot drive on short trips given it's road grip yet comfortable to drive on longer trips give it's fully independent suspension.

Great Car, Fun to Drive
By Tenacious D on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback FX 2dr Hatchback

Have had no problems at all, Love the cars style, quality, handling, acceleration, and speed. No complaints!

Not something I will buy again
By Summercc1 on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought a tiburon in 1998, and have had some MAJOR issues with this car like the transmition, shift lock override, and others (to many to list), hyundai is supposed to have turned around so much that I trusted there GREAT warrenty, well I learned my lesson never will I buy another one.