2017 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Hyundai Sonata Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Ok car, thats about it.
By Rental car critic

2017 Hyundai Sonata Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I rented a 2017 GLS model with the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine. We took it to Columbus Ohio from TN, so I had some time to get aquainted with it. The car only had 3 miles on it when we started off. It got pretty darn good gas mileage. I averaged 35.1 Mpg for the whole trip, that included city, highway, and idling for a while. However it seems the gas mileage came at the cost of power. Which happens, but the lack of power from the engine was very agravating while trying to merge in city traffic. The lack of ANY grunt at city speeds got old quick. Highway was ok. The seats are ok for short trips, but seemed uncomfortable to me for long trips. I mean, you have to get out and stretch on long trips, thats a given. But the seats were just plain uncomfortable after about 45min-1 hour of driving. The instruments and dash were pretty nice and oriented well. AC was great. Radio/bluetooth were great. Lights and steering were good. Glad it has a blindspot mirror installed. The windshield was a little short for me and im 6'2. I had the seat adjusted as low as possible, still had to lean it back a bit. It would be a great highway car if it were just more comfortable. For stop and go and city merging, it needs more grunt. Overall id say it would be a good choice for getting you to work and dropping the kid off at school. But not for trips unless you pack icy-hot and ibuprophen.

I'm in love
By Nick DeLaTorre

2017 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car has great looks and has more than enough power for the price.