2016 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Sonata Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Overlooked gem
By STEVE GONCZI

2016 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Eco w/Prod. End 9/30 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Awesome value. Bought it for one of my kids. I am comparing it to my Mercedes CLA-250 ( eco fvs cla) : Similar, small turbo engine 1.6L vs 2.0L. Similar torque and torque curve. 198 foot/lbs available from 1500 RPM and up. Both cars are pleasant to drive, esp. compared to the screaming high rev downshifts of the 2.4l baseline engine. Both cars have a dual clutch 7 speed tranny. The eco's tranny seems to work better, and faster. Price paid: 18.5 K vs 35K. Neither has a spare tire. Tires: 16 inch Michelin Energy vs. 17" low profile Pirelli run-flats. Handling, road feel: Hyundai cannot beat a German car as of yet. The benz wins here. Fit and finish, rattles:Hyundai wins. Example: 2x hydraulic hood suppors on the hyundai, cheap metal stick for the Benz. Seriously? Brakes: Hyundai wins so far. The benz had the front rotors replaced at 20K and now needs new rotors again at 38K. (Uneven wear, thickness variation) Warranty: hyundai wins, (6/64 vs 4/48) although the turbo is not part of the power train, so not 10/100 only 6/64. Seriously? Excellent fuel eco ( 35 vs 36 in mixed driving, 40 vs 42 on highway. Gasoline: Hyundai runs fine w normal vs Benz needs Super (runs noticeably worse on anything less). Looks: the benz wins hands down. Back seat comfort: The benz back seats are for 2 small adults or childen. The eco has OK back seats. Gripes: the Benz windshield sucks. I am on my 2nd one, it seems to crack easily. Both brands are goin to an overpriced "bundled service" model, invented by some marketing genius. Benz A service is $200 , B service is $400. The former is a glorified oil change, witness my service invoices. Way overpriced. Hyundai is attempting to go to a similar model, with a long list of "check this and inspect that" and charge an insane amount of money. Check out the service brochure and you will see what I mean. They try to present this travesty as a fantastic deal, as in if you commit to have them maintain your car, they give you some money off the insanely overinflated scheduled service cost.

Nice value for money
By Makarand amondikar

2016 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

SONATA IS good car to buy and use the features.are.great and technology is most latest for the same range of cars . I found more.sporty and powerfully than accord smooth and silent operations. Overall great value for money.

Gave Hyundai another chance!!!!!!!
By Chad Walden

2016 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My first Hyundai I bought in 1993. This was my first car ever. It was a 1993 Hyundai Excel GS. After a 6 months of having the car I begin to have trouble. The check engine light came on. When I pushed the clutch in the car shut off. After several trips to the dealership, the cause was the ground wire to the engine had broke. Well by then I didn't want the car. I said that I would never purchase another Hyundai. Well I was wrong!!!!! I was looking for another car due to a my 3 year old kicking my seats in my 2007 Volkswagen Jetta. My heart was set on a 2014 Toyota Camry. Well I was introduced to the 2016 Hyundai Sonata. Let me tell you!!!! This car is crazy!!!!! Hyundai did their homework and research! Excellence is all I can say. I really am enjoying this Hyundai. I hope and pray nothing happens to it but if it does, I will buy another one. Too may awesome features to name. GREAT JOB HYUNDAI!!!!!!!!!

Happy Camper
By AG

2016 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This has been an excellent experience so far with the Hyundai Sonata Limited and look forward to the next one in 3 years.

What a Value
By Brian

2016 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2016 SE to replace my totaled 2013 Outback. I have had the car for 3 weeks and have 1500 miles on it. So far it has been great. I was initially attracted to the car due to the value. I received 5k off MSRP and was out the door for less than $20k. The only other midsize car that I could have gotten for a similar price was a VW Jetta and the Hyundai beat it in almost every way. In no way do I feel I compromised by not going with a more expensive midsize sedan (Accord, Camry, etc). The only feature that we did not get in this car that we wanted was heated seats (3k more to get the trim/options just to get the heating seats). Everything else we were looking for was included in the SE. 7 inch entertainment system with bluetooth/android auto, steering wheel controls, keyless entry, alloy wheels, and the best warranty out there. The car drives very smooth and was completely comfortable on a 800 mile road trip. I cruised at 80 with no issues and returned over 35 mpg on the trip with about 50 miles of heavy city driving thrown in. Car is quiet and smooth. The entertainment system is very responsive. The bluetooth syncs faster than any other car I have used. Rear seats have more space than the outback (we have very large car seats that fit just fine). Hopefully it proves to be reliable.