2015 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

2015 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Worst ride ever
By dmslv02

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have the one with orange seat piping, on Sunday it will be 4 weeks of sheer awful. The ride is so stiff that after 49 minutes my back start hurting. After 2 hrs it's not good, go four hours and I can't walk upright for a day and in pain for another two and stiff. I have never in my life had a back problem only in this car. The interior looks like a 90's Pontiac Grand Prix so I'm sure most pedestrian amuricans will like it. The exteriors look good except the creases cause hwy wind buffeting like a Yaris, I utterly hate it and I'm trading it in, the cars not worth 20k in the top line let alone 34 msrp.

Favorite Features

Air cooled front seats.

Suggested Improvements

Modernize the 2007 ditch this hideous last two designs they age badly, bring back beige and higher quality interiors, make it a diesel since it sounds like one without any form of benefits, mpg a joke, similar cars in turbo get 35+ mpg 26 mpg in this. The tack ons look like a new grand am, the interior a Grand Prix, aka ugly cheap, the seats are the worst, too long in the seat cuts off blood flow numb legs are dangerous, the back doesn't even touch one side of my lower back. . Make it a sedan not some 4 door fake sports car. Redesign the trunk lid so when wet water doesn't dump into the trunk future rust issues! The add on bongs are a waste dump them.

A low-key yet VERY competent car, and a great value
By driver1001

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T w/Black Leather and Gray Accents 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Having come from a 300 horsepower Volvo S60-R (their attempt at a sports car), which proved to be quite unreliable, I was looking for a car that would be a great value, dependable, and still somewhat fun to drive. I knew at this price point it'd be a challenge. The 2.0T "Sport" trim, is definitely a tighter ride and more power than the 2.4 non-turbo. I'd call it "sportier" but not a sports car. However, I really, really it. By reconfiguring the engine to crank out torque around 1350 RPM, there's next-to-no turbo lag, and that much more usable power, especially in daily conditions. Very happy with this purchase. This car just goes about it's job really well!

Favorite Features

Extremely quiet. Though I loved the Mazda 6's handling, the car's noise was a dealbreaker for me. Roominess: I'm 6'2" with long legs. The seat in this car goes back as far as I need it. Finally. The ride is planted yet goes over bumps with finesse. The handling, while not sports-tight, is good considering you're not feeling every bump. The milage can be quite good if one is really light on the pedal; I've gotten 28 MPG around town. But again, LIGHT on the pedal. Having driven the car 1700 miles, with some of the rides really laying into the gas pedal, the average is around 26. When you compare all the features and quality of the build, the value of this car's just great.

Suggested Improvements

One reviewer stated "The steering wheel doesn't talk, but it listens" That's perfectly put: Could use more road feel, but the steering's precise. There's a bit of understeer, which I understand to be present in many front-wheel drive cars. I have the non-premium sound system. It certainly could be better, but didn't want to pay for a sunroof in order to get the better system. Such is life. :) These are the only two things I'd tweak. Otherwise, it's a great vehicle, and I'd highly recommend it.

Absolutely Fantastic Car!
By Grayson Digger

2015 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2015 Sonata for almost 6 month's. I actually purchased a 2014 Sonata and when I took it in for the first scheduled maintenance I decided to take a look at the 2015. Long story short I drove out with one! Hyundai made numerous changes from the previous years and every one of them is an improvement. They turned a nice looking car into an absolute beauty! The 2015 has more interior room and drives like a dream. The interior was completely redesigned and simply looks awesome. I already have 17,000 miles on it and have not had any problems whatsoever. I am 6' 1" and even after a 400+ mile day have absolutely no lower back pain at all.

Favorite Features

The sleek outside and inside design. The LED daytime running lights are very cool. Comfort. Great gas mileage. Huge trunk. Plenty of head and leg room. I've seen some complaints about the performance of the four cylinder engine but for a 52 year old guy who drives a ton of miles it has plenty of power whenever I need it. I also love how quiet the ride is and as I said previously it's very comfortable on those long 400 mile drives. I've only ridden in the passengers seat once but it is very comfortable as well. This is the first car I've ever owned that I can actually put the passenger seat back and lay virtually flat in the seat. (It makes for a nice nap)

Suggested Improvements

The drivers seat should be powered and have more adjustments available. However the seat is still very comfortable.

great car,great value, but kind of defenseless front fiberglass...
By coloradoguy3

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Really like the value and good MPG, electric heated seats!. Handles well on snow! Seats are comfortable for 6ft and over. Lots of pluses, lots of extras for great price!

Favorite Features

Especially like the rear camera and the ability to shift it like a stick without that pesky clutch! It is not the most exciting for engine torque but it is large inside, fold down back seat, good quality build! Would recommend it to anyone! /radio has good sound and controls are 'intuitive' as the Edmunds review says!

Suggested Improvements

The only problem I found discouraging is when I had to go around a sliding Fire Truck and bent a snow marker (the metal thing along the road with a reflector). It barely made a thump when I bent it at about ten mph but it cracked the whole front end fiberglass piece. It seems that the front fiberglass should include a replaceable contact section that could be separate and is matte black so I don't have to replace the whole front of the car.... I filed a case with the Hyundai web site. I knew they wouldn't replace the large section but think they should have a leading edge that could be maybe a hundred..

Comfortable commuter car for tall guy
By jeremy1980

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After looking at many different cars in this class I chose the Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.4L with the Sport Premium Package. Being 6'5" I was looking for something with plenty of room for me an comfortable seats that still got good gas mileage. My first long trip was 340 miles round trip out I-70 and I-68 to Morgantown, WV. I averaged 31 MPG even given that it is a very mountainous trip and was very comfortable. I paid $22k and was $23,800 out the door with tax,tag and fees plus the $200 add on for tinted windows that I need to take back to have done still. My two kids had plenty of room in the back as well.

Favorite Features

MPG, Comfortable, Premium Sport package with Bluelink remote start

Suggested Improvements

The Bluelink voice navigation recognition is awful so if you need to send maps due it from your phone.