2015 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Very Solid Midsizer
By cruzefan1 on 11/24/14 13:34 PM (PST)

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2013 Ford Fusion for a 2015 Hyundai Sonata back in mid October. After having the car for a little over a month I can say the new Sonata is a very solid choice in the crowded mid-sized car segment. It's very comfortable, has a smooth and quiet ride and also gets better fuel mileage than the Fusion I traded in. The car has adequate power and also is very roomy. The only cons I would say about the car is it's not as exciting to drive as say the Mazda 6 and also the styling is a little more conservative than the outgoing model but is still a very sleek looking car! So far on fuel mileage I'm averaging around 31 mpg combined and with the Fusion I got about 27.

You get what you buy
By ajnsh on 11/16/14 12:00 PM (PST)

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is beautiful on the outside. It will definitely get you noticed on the road.I got it a few weeks ago and was very excited about it. But not even a few days later my car developed turbo waste gate actuator rattle. This was a known problem in previous generation 2.0t and it wasn't redesigned or fixed. Hyundai just said that this is a normal characteristic of this car. If it rattles like a trash can, would it be normal? It sounds like a lose heat shield and you can hear it at acceleration and even at higher rpms. Deal wasn't able to do anything about it, so I am waiting until my next maintenance and see if it goes away. If not I will have them replace the whole waste gate/turbo.

Checkout all my problems before you buy.
By stileo on 09/14/14 16:10 PM (PDT)

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got this car last week. Let me give you guys some feedbacks. Overall the car drives quite well for a 4-cylinder turbo. Noise level of engine and drive is somewhat in the mid range. My previous car was a 2012 Genesis and this 2015 Sonata is not better but doable. Cons: The car doors were not aligning correctly. Doors were a bit off from the quarter panels and rear passengers door. I was not able to open driver's side passenger the door. I have to pull the handle twice in order to open the door. Dealership had to take my car in for a day to fix these issues. I got the car on Friday and return to dealership for repairs on Monday, go figure.

Beats the competition
By gchainani on 08/25/14 19:48 PM (PDT)

2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited w/Brown Leather PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was this close to buying a 2014 Accord Touring and test drove both vehicles before deciding on the 2015 Sonata Limited. The car drives with a refinement that I did not feel in the Accord. Yes, both are top-notch vehicles and the comparison of a 6 cyl Accord with a 4 cyl Sonata is not completely apples to apples. But after driving both, I though the power on the Sonata was adequate. The addition of torque at lower RPMs made the difference. Features that come with the technology and ultimate package are just amazing. You would pay a lot more for each of these on any German sedan. Very well executed vehicle by Hyundai and so far have been very impressed.

Solid car for the money.
By gorpot on 08/20/14 18:43 PM (PDT)

2015 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the car 3 weeks ago, and have about 1,000 miles so far. Last car was a 2012 Sonata. This 2015 sonata drives very nice but is no sports car. I like the exterior design of the 2011-2014 Sonata a lot better, but the 2015 bring more conventional. The outside noise is almost none existent. This car is very quiet. Nice interior, and is bigger inside then my 2012 Sonata. Gas mileage has been good with 39 MPG on a trip mostly at 70 MPH. only complaint so far has been two trips back to the dealer to get a faulty rear window defogger switch fixed. One complaint is there is less storage room in middle counsel area above the transmission handle. A lot of dead area there.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2015 Hyundai Sonata in VA is:

$126 per month*