2014 Hyundai Sonata 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - New 2014 SE 2.0T 1k

2014 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

New 2014 SE 2.0T 1k miles in
By nirvana4all on

2014 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had the car now for just under 1k miles. I do not see much difference with the steering wheel comfort/sport settings. At 6'2" it has plenty of room for me even with the sunroof. Back up camera is good, power is nice, averaging 26 MPG total. Was able to use Boostup website to get additional $500 off for a total cost for the 2014 Premium package SE 2.0T at $26885 before tax, fees, etc. Felt like amazing deal to me.

Favorite Features

Love the Eco button, not sure it really helps much though. XM radio and HD radio are nice, 8" touchscreen is beautiful, touch entry/lock/start/stop is awesome, nice to just put the key in your pocket and go! The turbo engine always has PLENTY of power.

Suggested Improvements

6 disc CD changer Large hard drive for music LED & Xenon lights on SE model as well as limited Memory seat function for drivers seat
By mccreery1
on 02/13/14 16:47 PM (PST)

Here is an update to my previous comment. After 18 total days at the dealership they finally figured out it was the power distribution module that was at fault. Sometimes it would not shut completely down. The blue start button light would stay on while everything else timed out, such as the interior lights. I have seen quite a few posting about this problem without resolution. In fact some people have gone as far as to put a battery disconnect switch in. I hop this helps!

By mccreery1
on 01/20/14 17:58 PM (PST)

I have a 2014 sonata with less than 600 miles. The car has been back to the dealer 3 times, once towed in, for the same problem. The battery has gone dead while the car is in the garage. At first it took about 6 days to happen, then 4, then 3. The dealer replaced the battery after the second time because they could not figure what else to do. They do not have a clue what is wrong, neither does regional support or Corp technical support. The mechanic today feels/ thinks it is something to do with the push to start button. He thinks that because the button light stays on sometimes. He think that light is draining the battery. We have nothing else to go on. Has anybody else seen this?

By ptrsn
on 03/14/14 08:41 AM (PDT)

To Mccreery1: Please read your "Lemon Law" or as Hyundai likes to call it "The Hyundai Buy Back" booklet, should be one included with owners manual, if not ask the dealer for one. I believe it says that if the car has been back to the dealer 3 or more times for the same problem and/or more that 15 days on a single occasion then you qualify to have the car replaced by Hyundai. I had a loaded 2009 Hyundai Accent, loved it, but the "check engine" light would not stay off. After repeated visits to the dealer, keep all of your documents, they, Hyundai, agreed to a buy back and I traded up to an Elantra. You may be happy that they fixed the problem, you think, but if you can take advantage of the "Buy Back" you can just get a diferent car, same model, that does not have the problem. Something to consider and think about.

By redlinez
on 02/15/14 08:16 AM (PST)

Glad to hear they got yours figured out. We're about to buy one today! Debating between the 2.0T and 2.4 SE. It will cost me $1500 more for the turbo, and get a little worse gas mileage, like 3-4mpg less.

By elan3
on 05/15/14 11:12 AM (PDT)

Hi i bought my 2014 for my wife and she loves it. Just turned in my 2011 sonata that i leased and it ran great for 3 years. I felt i got a great deal at Cerritos Hyundai 5000 off sticker price with the 2500 rebate hyundai gave me.The sales lady Brenda was a joy to work with no pressure.Also Saeid the sales and leasing Consultant gave me good info.All in all i am very happy with my new Sonata.