Terrible gas mileage
By herbthau on
2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
This is our third Hyundai Sonata. It gets just terrible gas mileage. The two previous Sonatas got much better mileage. Went back to dealer and got this answer from the technician. There were no codes showing a problem and 19.9 city and 27 highway is acceptable. Called Hyundai and got nowhere. This is not acceptable. This is my last Sonata. Herb
Favorite Features
Everything except mileage
Suggested Improvements
At least have the dealer make an attempt to correct the problem. If reviewers got the good mileage why am I not getting the same?
By canyousee
on 05/20/13 07:11 AM (PDT)

I could have written this myself, it is so on the mark. I got 24 MPG on the highway with my new 2013 Sonata. 24 MPG!!! Not only was the company (I called Hyundai directly) not cooperative, but instead they were CONDESCENDING, RUDE, INSULTING and treated me as if I were a teenager just learning to drive. When I told them that I was a doctor who has been driving for approximately 65 years, they could not care less in their treatment of me. I GOT MUCH BETTER MILEAGE FROM MY 10 1/2 YEAR OLD CAMRY, which I told them. Their response was "no you didn't". (I had 2 Camrys over an 18 year period, just wanted something different, and followed the good rating in Consumer Reports.) I even considered legal action, decided it was not worth it. DO NOT BUY ANY HYUNDAI PRODUCT!!!! Stick with Toyota or some other truly good car and honest company.

By romgak
on 06/09/13 10:04 AM (PDT)

1)Had a 2011 Sonata. Gas MPG was fine. Got a new 2013 Sonata. MPG is horrible. Same treatment as other owners here. Got 19.5 HWY on 500 mile trip. Had car checked by dealer in Phoenix. Their response was "no codes found, nothing is wrong, MPG is acceptable. "BS" Disgusted with car and will suck it up and dump the car at my loss. My last Hyundai!!! I CAN'T SAY HERE HOW I REALLY FEEL......................