2013 Hyundai Sonata 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Best Value for a Mid-sized

2013 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

Limited Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Best Value for a Mid-sized Sedan
By turbo2013_56 on

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Only had it 5 months but so far it has been nearly perfect. Limited visibility out the back and some road noise (not all of it bad, nice little engine hum); lower gas mileage but have taken no long trips and my commute is a nightmare so maybe MPGs are OK. Got Limited turbo with premium package and cannot imagine getting a finer car for the money I paid. Rides well; handles great; very fast and responsive, I love this car.

Favorite Features

Blue Link not perfect but very good. Website kinda lame; Nav system is flawless; The scoop on the Infinity sound system is that it is excellent but you would have to tweak the EQ for Sirius to get deep bass; If you stream (bluetooth) music off of your phone, use the USB port, or mp3 CD and you use a high bit rate (256) or purchase music off of Amazon (high VBR around 250), no tweaking necessary, the sound is rich, deep, and clear and you can blow yourself out of the seat with it. I am over 50 and big music person and there is NO valid complaint about the sound system. Voice command works well, a little slow, but I can perform any function faster by just reaching for the control myself...

Suggested Improvements

None, I wouldn't lose that fluidic styling just for slightly better rear view. Keyless entry perfect; Heated leather front and rear seats awesome; Not as linear and refined as a strong V6 but that has grown on me, and that low end torque while zipping through crazy congested commuter traffic helps me to destroy the competition (while driving safely and legally of course). Last comment, Hyundai of Bowie best dealership ever. I have never been treated so well and haggled so little to buy a car in my life. They really do want to improve the industry!!!
By turbo2013_56
on 05/31/14 19:11 PM (PDT)

Update on gas mileage 6 months later: With 75-100 minute commutes each way 5days a week, I get about 22-23 mpg. On weekends, normal driving, I get about 25-26. Open highway only, about 28-29. I did not buy it for gas mileage so am happy with these numbers. 6 months later, no issues and just ecstatic with my purchase. Getting the wife a Santa Fe Sport 2.0T soon!

By turbo2013_56
on 02/26/15 12:36 PM (PST)

Update: January 2015 (19 month, 25K miles) The high pressure fuel pump and injectors have failed or partially failed (replacing everything). My first snag with the vehicle. Direct Injection (GDI) is apparently a little trouble prone. Good news: cost free under warranty (good till 60K), and they paid for my rental, 2014 Sonata GLS which was decent. They did keep it a week because of parts availability. Hyundai 4th largest worldwide but not that huge in the States...