Piece of Junk!
By bmohandas on
2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I purchased the 2013 Sonata GLS with Popular package on 5/5 and starting day 1, i was getting a brushing noise on the steering wheel. I took it to the dealer on 5/17 and its been 7 days and they attempting to fix the issue. they are replacing the steering column! Never buy Hyundais! go for Honda,Toyota or Nissan
Favorite Features
None
Suggested Improvements
None
By cyberguyz
on 08/11/12 07:21 AM (PDT)

A bit harsh don't you think? Do you not have a 5-year warranty on that car? Did they refuse to fix it? Did they tell you there is nothing they can do about it and send you away? If that is all the issue you have had with the car, consider yourself lucky. I've had a brand new 2010 Toyota Venza's gas pedal go wonky on me. Wanna know what Toyota said? "We can't find the problem" and walked away. Never happened again, but it was damn scary when it did! My 5-year old Honda Accord had to have it's AC compressor and rear stabilizer links replaced for $1800 at my expense. The Battery and tires were replaced and the brakes, rotors and all, replaced twice. I had A Pontiac Gran Prix that needed a full $800 brake job 6 months after I took it home from the show room - at my expense. At least Hyundai are fixing your problem and not charging you a penny for it. I don't call that junk. I call it excellent customer service that they are replacing your steering column because of a noise. At least it hasn't had to have its engine or trans replaced (seen that happen to a brand new Audi A4).

By badealer4
on 08/11/12 15:52 PM (PDT)

I owned a used 2010 Hyundai Accent and now a 2013 Hyundai Accent with the GDI engine. Hyundai Motors puts out technical service bulletins to the dealers, yet when I asked corporate to make the dealer address defective motor mounts, Hyundai corporate said they can't tell the dealer what to do. From many posts I have read, Hyundai is poorly made cars. Their dealer prep and service departments may be worse. My brand new Accent had 50 lbs pressure in each tire, and plastic scratch covers still on some of the underhood engine parts. They are eager to sell but not eager to fix their cars. The arbitrator in my BBB auto line arbitration case no. HYU1216311 ruled that Hyundais suffer from [unsafe] manufacturer defect motor mounts. This can cause the suspension to possibly separate from the car while driving. The manufacturer should replace all Hyundai motor mounts free of charge my opinion.