2013 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: One terrific car

2013 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

2013 Hyundai Sonata

GLS Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

One terrific car
By peter95949 on

2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is one great car.
Hyundai has gotten everything right. I have owned 28 cars in my life including Mercedes (awful), Audi, Lincoln, Avalon, etc., and this Sonata does not disappoint.

This my second Sonata.....the first being a 2011. The most noticeable improvement is the increased level of quietness.
The 2011 had an unacceptable level of tire noise intruding into the cabin on coarse roads.

The 2013 is almost silent on most city streets and measurably quieter at speed.
Wind noise is non existent.

UPDATE: The car is now 3.5 years old (I will very likely get a 2017 in December).

The passenger seat on this one as well as my 2011 sits far too low. I give an extra seat cushion to female friends so that can see out! Car does not have electric seats, and no manual raise/lower.

The Bluetooth has been the only weak spot. It often cannot understand my dialing instructions. Incoming calls are fine (and no, I am not driving when I speak on the phone!) It will play music from my iPhone if it feels like it. Hyundai dealer has replaced the radio system twice with no improvement. They say the fault has been with the manufacturer of the system.

I continue to love this car and "they and thought of everything" plays through my head every time I drive it.

• Rear seats
  • Getting in out
  • Noise and vibration
  • Ride comfort

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review