Gas Mileage not adding up
By dynamat on
2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
My main reason to buy a Hyundai Sonata was because I had the 2001 model that never gave me any real issues so to go to the latest model was a no brainier. However I am not that impressed with the engine technology. Considering that my 2001 sonata got around 24 mpg with a six cylinder engine. I thought that the 24c-35h that was on the sticker would be the way to go. I live in Fort Myers and sometimes have to drive to Ft Laud. I figured this would be a perfect test to check the gas mileage. I filled my car with premium gas and set the cruise control to 70 mph. Oh and also turned on the ECO control. Started the 110 mile test at 25.3 mph but finished at 23.9mpg. I lost mileage. That is not good.
Favorite Features
The interior looks great. Very comfortable. Like the smooth textures.
Suggested Improvements
I do love the interior but there are a few things that could be tweaked. Such as the pretty blue ambient lighting only to be ruined when the lights come on and you get a bright green LED light smack dab in the middle of the display and it cannot be dimmed. In other words the lower you dim the blue lighting the brighter those green lights appear. Another down side is the running lights. They are always on. Don't like that Also the heated seat buttons can be turned on by accident because of there location. Needs to be moved somewhere that you cannot turn them on by accident.
By hankt7
on 03/29/13 16:30 PM (PDT)

I traveled to California and back to New York twice with my 2011. Both trips I averaged 35 MPG on regular gas. I got 40 MPG once while slowing down for a 10 mile stretch where they were working on the highway. The vehicle has 40000 miles on it.

By iron2
on 01/31/13 07:00 AM (PST)

Why premium gas? Just a waiste of money. Runnig the car only 110 miles (about 4 gals) will not give you true gas mileage. The more miles and more gas needed to fill the tank will be a better indication. I'm getting 24 mpg in town, 33 mpg highway, 27 mpg combined city/hwy. This is running 300 miles per tank. A friend of mine has the same Sonata and is averaging about the same mpg. Also the more mph will cut down on gas mileage.