Beware!
By cjohnsen on
2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I bought my 13' sonata based off the great reviews people have been leaving. It has a great design and a good price compared to competitors. However, after 3 months of ownership less then 3500 miles my car has broken down 3 times now. The first time I went to go start my car and it wouldn't start. For 3 hours myself and others tried restarting the car but it never started. Finally a tow truck came and towed to dealer. Dealer told me that night they couldn't duplicate the problem. So basically oh well take your car home, it's fine now. I'm sure he car magically fixed itself, right? Wrong! Died again 2 days later. After being there 2 weeks it comes home. Now a week later my ac isn't working!
Favorite Features
The body style. Other than that, nothing! Stay away! I bought this car to be reliable because I have 2 kids but its he farthest thing from reliable.
Suggested Improvements
Make a car that doesn't brake down over and over in the first 3 months or maybe when your customers bring the defective car in dont send it home because you tested it for 30 minutes only and couldn't duplicate he problem.
By samvonb
on 04/21/13 04:40 AM (PDT)

It's like I am reading my own posts!! I am going through the same thing right now. I was driving the car, got out to go into a store, came out...doesn't start. When it got to the dealership they said they couldn't recreate the problem. We are keeping it there until they can get their electronics guy to take a look at it. I have also had tire issues with the car. After a very lengthy battle with the dealership they agreed to replace two only. The other two I have to replace. I bought this car because a friend of mine had purchased one and loved it. I have owed the car for 8 months.

By peter95949
on 04/21/13 13:33 PM (PDT)

I owned a 2011 GLS and now a 2014 as of December 12. There have been ZERO problems with the cars. It's quite amazing to read of the troubles buyers have had. Hard to believe it's the same manufacturer. Perhaps GM is building some of them!