Used 2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Love it!
By judiqueflyer

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my 2013 Sonata. Great value for the money.

Favorite Features

Power, Handling, Style features.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the electric steering, the car tends to wander.

so far a fantastic car
By cl1

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It;s a very comfortable car, great seats, nice leather, and for a car that's as quick as this is, it gets very good mileage. I got black on black and so far could not be happier. If you live in Orange County CA, and you are considering this car, you might want to try Tustin Hyundai, my salesman Elliot Rouff could not have been more helpful and the sales mgr Frank Joubran gave me a lease that was considerably less than what other dealerships were offering without any haggling. All together they made it an easy transaction.

Favorite Features

Great seats, good handling, and very good MPG for it's 270+ horse power.Decent trunk. All in all it's a pleasure to drive.

Suggested Improvements

None so far

Best car I bought so far.
By driverx4life

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Hyundai Sonata is exactly what I found for the price I paid. It has an amazing, engine and great power. Its spacious and reliable. I don't know what others people are writing about the bad mpg. When I drive, I get 26 city and 33 on highway. It gives me more mpg than my wife's Camry. But this all depends on how you maintain the car and how you drive it. If you go crazy on the gas pedal and don't do schedule maintenance, of course you are going to eat more gas and get bad mpg. People need to go easy, a Sonata is not a sports car. Overall, the Sonata is a great car that offers more for the money than its competitors. For my next car, I will definitely buy another Hyundai.

Favorite Features

Gdi engine, great hp. the whole car overall is great.

Suggested Improvements

the sound system need to be upgraded to something better.

steering problem!
By ni55

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

when I first got the car I loved it. that was before I went on the highway. on the highway the car is dangerous!! not safe! steering is very sensitive and it is hard to keep the car in the lane. bad design and i'm very surprised that no one crushed this car on the highway yes and there is not a recall. after I discover the problem I called the sales person and she told me that it is normal, bc of the electric steering power...what kind of nonsenses is this? I drove Hondas for the last 15 years but fell in love with this car on the test drive and the price was great. so for now I will say. great city car and that's it!!

2013 Sonata Bluetooth System
By lcolby

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

do not purchase this vehicle if you want a good working bluetooth system. Upon our third complaint I receive a letter from Hyundai saying, "it is considered normal operation for the incoming call volume to be quieter than the audio level setting and to adjust the volume on certain calls". That nice, except you cannot hear the incoming call. two other comments off their letter: We are sometimes unable to produce an automobile with the features and materials that will satisfy or appeal to all of our customers. If you prefer, you are more than welcome to contact the Highway Safety Association and report the concern to the Consumer Protection Agency.

Favorite Features

engine and gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

get a better bluetooth system and take care of your customers when it comes to the system. make the side windows and rear window big for better visibility. please before you purchase this vehicle research the internet to see all the problems with the bluetooth. you will be glad you did as individuals are asking for a class action lawsuit and some are tying to use the lemon law.