Used 2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Sonata 2.0 T
By artie512

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased the car in Oct 2012 it was destroyed in the Sandy storm I liked it so much I purchased the exact same model no problems performs as stated

2.0 turbo performs like a 6 and much better mileage

1 turn signal reminder if left on that's about it everything else is great

You get what you pay for.
By johng911

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2013 Sonata due mostly to its price and warranty. I've only had the car for a few weeks and I am still forming an opinion about it.

My favorite features are the Sonata's performance, exterior styling, price, and "indicated" fuel economy. My old car barely gets 17 MPG and my Sonata is still on its first tank of gas. My Sonata has more options than I will ever use. But I doubt that I will continue the XM radio or Blue Link service. I also like the car's safety features.

The Sonata needs a smoother ride and more comfortable seats. Road noise from the rear seems high and the radio's sound quality is poor in comparison to my other cars. The XM radio's sound quality is especially poor. The car's steering is "scary" to say the least. A tiny change in the steering wheel translates in to a huge change in direction. The gas peddle is overly sensitive too. When the car's speedometer indicates 62 MPH, my GPS receiver indicates 58-59 MPH. My other car's speedometer always matched my GPS speed. If the car's indicated speed is too high, the indicated fuel economy is probably high too. I would certainly hope the manufacturer didn't do this on purpose.

Beautiful Car, but.......
By jandogg55

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love the car. I work with Dealers from All over the world. ( I do NOT work for a Hyundai Dealership) but I do work with dealerships from every vehicle type on the road. The only draw back is the passenger seat sits low. They need to put an adjustment control on the seat just like the driver seat. I'm 5'8" & driving so I didn't notice it until my sister who is only 5'1" said I can't see out the front window, so I gave her a pillow to sit on. My Father is 6'3" & he sat in the back seat with no problem at all. He said he had enough room to stretch out his Long Legs.

The Bluetooth & the XM Satellite Radio. Will defiantly re-nu that when it runs out. Love All the Channels. The trunk is to die for. Other Vehicles & SUV'S don't even hold a candle to the room that this BABY has, & when you fold the rear seats down, HECK you can sleep two comfortable. I know this because I did it.

Put a control on the passengers sit to raise it up, or just make the adjustment when making the the car at the factory!

2013 GLS w/ pop package
By ricovanian

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought new about a week ago. So far, the biggest disappointment is the sound from the stereo. CD's, Radio, Sirius all sound less thanb acceptable. There is a general muddyness that is going to result in having to invest in an aftermarket stereo. Other negative is the "ride" is somewhat bumpier than I am used to with my '09 Accord and '06 Camry. You really feel every bump. Hoping that "breaking in the suspension and tires will help for Positives are: layout of dials, controls. Nice the parking brake lever is not in center of console. The car performs well on turns, pick-up if fantastic (I do not use the "eco" mode). And the car is very sporty looking (I got it in black with spoiler)

Pick-up, design of interior and exterior, trunk space, warranty,

Sound system, suspension.

Love it!
By judiqueflyer

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my 2013 Sonata. Great value for the money.

Power, Handling, Style features.

Get rid of the electric steering, the car tends to wander.