2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Beware of 2013 Sonata remote starter kit defect
By mdh2 on 08/23/12 12:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my car in May. Everything is excellent with the car EXCEPT OEM remote starter kit had major defect if installed in the 2013 Sonata. Purchased kit during sale. Needed to wait 4-6 weeks before 2013 kits were available. When it was available, Hyundai dealership installed it but it failed (i.e., would actually turn engine off). Dealership informed me wiring instructions were wrong from Hyundai. Dealership kept car for 2 weeks and couldn't figure out problem. Regional technician came in and also couldn't figure it out either. Dealership removed unit and returned car back to factory default. Finally got my money back.

Excellent car for the price!
By tpratt2590 on 08/21/12 09:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded off a fully loaded 2011 GMC Terrian for this car and have owned it since May 31, 2012 and enjoy driving and riding in the car. I own the limited edition without the turbo and very impressed with the horsepower under the hood. After reading some of the other reviews of how the car is sluggish, paint coming off the car, makes me wonder who is writing the reviews. After going from a V6 in the GMC to this car, I was impressed with the power. The interior of the limited is comfortable and spacious and has plenty of leg room. The car rides quietly without any road noise. Good car for the money!

Sonata delivers
By mohusker on 08/13/12 17:06 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The '13 Sonata rang in nearly $2,000 below similar Camry and Accord offerings and after 4,000 miles it's a solid thumbs up. Interior materials are upscale with soft-touch surfaces where expected. Although windows are short, the cockpit seems airy enough and visibility remains good fore and aft. Controls are simple, well-placed, easy to operate, legible and have good tactile feel. Most guages are fine, however the speedo shows numerals only in 20 mph increments and the infotainment display is disconcertingly hard to read day and night with fuzzy images on a dim blue background...simliar to a thermostat. All seats are comfortable, and there is plenty of room in back with a spacious trunk.

frequent traveler
By dennisnkc on 08/13/12 09:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car with the popular package which was pretty good with heated front seats, power drivers seat and alloy wheels. (Can't stand hubcaps). I also got the power rear view mirror. Overall, I am satisfied. The one issue I have is that the steering is electronic power and does not have the center detente. Wherever you point it, it goes. So it does not center itself when you let go of the wheel. This is OK when I don't think about it, but has a disconcerting affect if I do. However, for the money, this is a great car. I frequently rent cars for my job, and the Hyundai Sonata has always been a favorite. If you iphone, you will like the options. I prefer playing through bluetooth.

Engine Shaking and Vibrating - Becareful..!
By andress360 on 07/30/12 13:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a my first Hyundai ever.....2013 Sonata 2.4 GLS with 9,700 miles, after a couple days (( 85 miles )) I noticed and Shaking, Vibrating sensation that comes from the engine. This is very irritating and disturbing since Hyundai is suppose to be coming up with better quality, sad to say but this gives me much to worry about since it can only get worse as I add miles to the car. I never had this issue with cars., so I'll be taking back to the dealer for service. After finding about this issue I wish I would have bought from Toyota, or Nissan. Very discouraging. If you do decide to buy this car make sure that you get their Top Service Warranty.

2013 Sonata GLS
By rlang on 07/06/12 18:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Lots of interior room. AC cools quickly which is a must because of the hot Texas summers. Quiet and comfortable ride. Good gas mileage. Good trunk space.

LOVE!!!
By sugplum on 06/14/12 16:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my "Sparkling Ruby" Sonata on 5/26/12 and just don't want to park it! It's so fun to drive and very smooth. Great deal for so many options. Would definitely recommend.

I bought a great car
By bgirsch on 06/04/12 07:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car on May 31st and we can't be happier. The Hyundai dealer was very professional and a pleasure to work with. The Sonata offers very solid construction, great look, fun to drive, strong warranty, and fantastic gas mileage. Incredible value! We initially considered an Accord or Camry, but thankfully didn't waste our time.

My wife is in love.
By sjspanich on 05/30/12 11:14 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just got my wife the 2013 Hyundai Sontat SE, and she is in love. The exterior is sporty and the interior is luxurious. We couldn't be happier with our purchase. I definitely recommend this vehicle!

Fun car to drive
By cyndi83 on 05/23/12 19:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have only had this car a month but absolutely love it. The gas milage is great. You can't get a better car for the money. No complaints.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan in VA is:

$160 per month*