Used 2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Love it!
By judiqueflyer on 07/24/13 12:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my 2013 Sonata. Great value for the money.

so far a fantastic car
By cl1 on 07/18/13 20:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It;s a very comfortable car, great seats, nice leather, and for a car that's as quick as this is, it gets very good mileage. I got black on black and so far could not be happier. If you live in Orange County CA, and you are considering this car, you might want to try Tustin Hyundai, my salesman Elliot Rouff could not have been more helpful and the sales mgr Frank Joubran gave me a lease that was considerably less than what other dealerships were offering without any haggling. All together they made it an easy transaction.

Best car I bought so far.
By driverx4life on 07/15/13 20:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Hyundai Sonata is exactly what I found for the price I paid. It has an amazing, engine and great power. Its spacious and reliable. I don't know what others people are writing about the bad mpg. When I drive, I get 26 city and 33 on highway. It gives me more mpg than my wife's Camry. But this all depends on how you maintain the car and how you drive it. If you go crazy on the gas pedal and don't do schedule maintenance, of course you are going to eat more gas and get bad mpg. People need to go easy, a Sonata is not a sports car. Overall, the Sonata is a great car that offers more for the money than its competitors. For my next car, I will definitely buy another Hyundai.

steering problem!
By ni55 on 06/30/13 08:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

when I first got the car I loved it. that was before I went on the highway. on the highway the car is dangerous!! not safe! steering is very sensitive and it is hard to keep the car in the lane. bad design and i'm very surprised that no one crushed this car on the highway yes and there is not a recall. after I discover the problem I called the sales person and she told me that it is normal, bc of the electric steering power...what kind of nonsenses is this? I drove Hondas for the last 15 years but fell in love with this car on the test drive and the price was great. so for now I will say. great city car and that's it!!

2013 Sonata Bluetooth System
By lcolby on 06/19/13 09:06 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

do not purchase this vehicle if you want a good working bluetooth system. Upon our third complaint I receive a letter from Hyundai saying, "it is considered normal operation for the incoming call volume to be quieter than the audio level setting and to adjust the volume on certain calls". That nice, except you cannot hear the incoming call. two other comments off their letter: We are sometimes unable to produce an automobile with the features and materials that will satisfy or appeal to all of our customers. If you prefer, you are more than welcome to contact the Highway Safety Association and report the concern to the Consumer Protection Agency.

Terrible gas mileage
By herbthau on 05/11/13 11:49 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is our third Hyundai Sonata. It gets just terrible gas mileage. The two previous Sonatas got much better mileage. Went back to dealer and got this answer from the technician. There were no codes showing a problem and 19.9 city and 27 highway is acceptable. Called Hyundai and got nowhere. This is not acceptable. This is my last Sonata. Herb

One terrific car
By peter95949 on 04/20/13 16:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is one great car. Hyundai has gotten everything right. I have owned 28 cars in my life including Mercedes (awful), Audi, Lincoln, Avalon, etc., and this Sonata does not disappoint. This my second Sonata.....the first being a 2011. The most noticeable improvement is the increased level of quietness. The 2011 had an unacceptable level of tire noise intruding into the cabin on coarse roads. The 2014 is almost silent on most city streets and measurably quieter at speed. Wind noise is non existent.

More then you expect and pay for.
By victory11 on 03/28/13 23:07 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Owned gls with pop package for six months now. Fantastic car in this segment. Perfect performance everytime. Remote start installed and have had 0 problems. No adjustments, no glitches. Tire noise on rough roads gets a bit noisy, but mainly due to low resistance tires enhancing road noise. Smooth road....like butta! Suspension smooth and controlled, but not floaty. No rattles, squeeks, noises..(except loose objects in top of console will rattle.). Placed liner in and rattling stopped. Many dress up options on ebay, including chrome wheel skins for only 69.00 set of four. Car looks expensive, but doesn't give buyers remorse. Tons of room, seats comfortable. MPG 23/35 avg with eco.

Great Car! Great Price!
By tuscarorausa on 02/14/13 15:21 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a new 2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.4L 4-cyl, 6-speed Automatic. Got black exterior with chrome accents. Under $22,000 delivered with Hyundaiís Presidentís Day incentives (which was about $6,000 off MSRP). Need to drive from around Gettysburg, PA to Virginia twice a week for work. Need a car that is good on the Interstate, stop & go traffic, and curved roads along the Potomac River. The Sonata has more precise steering and more power than my 2007 Camry LE. The 2007Camry has more of a luxury ride. Both average 30 mpg. 2013 Camry doesn't have luxury feel like my 2007. 2013 Altima has quality problems. 2013 Ford Fusion needs 305 hp Mustang V6 and better discounts. Sonata wins!

Steering Problems! Think before you buy.
By acrossley on 02/04/13 14:04 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, this car is not worth buying. Plagued with rattles and wind noise right off the lot, and more importantly, the steering. The Sonata's steering is entirely too sensitive and requires constant correction on the highway. Don't let the dealer tell you it's because it has electric power steering, this is not why something is wrong with the steering. Go drive another car with electric power steering and you will find it to be worlds more comfortable to control than the Sonata. My arm is literally tired from keeping it in a straight line. If you go on a test drive, try staying in the middle of your lane; it is impossible. This steering problem is a safety issue.