2013 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Great Car
By dreamideation on 05/04/14 08:41 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've put 24K miles on my limited turbo Sonata and I like it even more than when I bought it. It's fast, comfortable, gets great gas milage and...most importantly...so much fun to drive. I would definitely buy this car again.

Nice Car, but Bad in the Snow
By mccarthr on 02/26/14 08:04 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car, but Hyundai seems to have chosen wheels and tires that were not designed for winter driving. I bought the car in Green Bay late in May 2013. I live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. When I first started driving in the snow, I couldn't believe how poor the tire traction was. I was so bad that I didn't feel safe. After buying new all season tires (rated good on snow & ice) for the fronts, I could tell a big difference. The back original tires still would slide out on turns so I bought the rears too. Also, the wheels are beautiful, but they suck up snow like a magnet on the inside. It quickly will throw off the wheel balance. I constantly having to clean out the snow.

Best Value for a Mid-sized Sedan
By turbo2013_56 on 12/25/13 10:25 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Only had it 5 months but so far it has been nearly perfect. Limited visibility out the back and some road noise (not all of it bad, nice little engine hum); lower gas mileage but have taken no long trips and my commute is a nightmare so maybe MPGs are OK. Got Limited turbo with premium package and cannot imagine getting a finer car for the money I paid. Rides well; handles great; very fast and responsive, I love this car.

Sonata 2.0 T
By artie512 on 09/26/13 05:20 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased the car in Oct 2012 it was destroyed in the Sandy storm I liked it so much I purchased the exact same model no problems performs as stated

so far a fantastic car
By cl1 on 07/18/13 20:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It;s a very comfortable car, great seats, nice leather, and for a car that's as quick as this is, it gets very good mileage. I got black on black and so far could not be happier. If you live in Orange County CA, and you are considering this car, you might want to try Tustin Hyundai, my salesman Elliot Rouff could not have been more helpful and the sales mgr Frank Joubran gave me a lease that was considerably less than what other dealerships were offering without any haggling. All together they made it an easy transaction.

Turbo fun.
By clayman100 on 11/26/12 17:34 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

For some reason I purchased a Turbo Sonota and wondered why since I'm 65. But, since I've been driving it I'm finding it is really fun. Very smooth and powerful. I leave most folks in the dust. I've had Elantra's and Tucson's and this is a pocket rocket. I was spoiled by the Tuscon's easy in and out because it is so high. But, I'm adjusting to the lower Sonota. The regular Sonota was fast enough so you really don't need all this extra power but it sure is fun and not too hard on your wallet, gas wise. And. it really is easy on the eyes. My brother looks at it and says, man, that's one beautiful car.

What a car!!!
By chaase1 on 09/06/12 16:50 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been in the auto industry for 30 years... from Toyota to Porsche.... This car is TOPS for the money. Fun to drive... Great fuel economy! (better than posted) From Dallas to Tucson on a tank and a half. Comfortable on long road trips! Don't wait for re-fuel to take a break.... TOO LONG! Hyundai's customer service has been exceptional. Buy gas and drive.... and after a year and a half I'm still ecstatic. I'm used to a new car every 4000 miles... so this one is GREAT! After reading some reviews, I think the ball was dropped on the Dealer end.

Excellent car for the price!
By tpratt2590 on 08/21/12 09:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded off a fully loaded 2011 GMC Terrian for this car and have owned it since May 31, 2012 and enjoy driving and riding in the car. I own the limited edition without the turbo and very impressed with the horsepower under the hood. After reading some of the other reviews of how the car is sluggish, paint coming off the car, makes me wonder who is writing the reviews. After going from a V6 in the GMC to this car, I was impressed with the power. The interior of the limited is comfortable and spacious and has plenty of leg room. The car rides quietly without any road noise. Good car for the money!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Sonata in VA is:

$146 per month*