Used 2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Hyundai lover!
By Sandra Wood

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First of all I had a 2011 Hyundai before this one ! Now, I think this is a great vehicle ! I love the heated leather seats! Plus the Blue Link app is great to have in the winter! I have the sun roof which I would give up for either the rear camera or navigation! The gas Milage around town isn't the greater but great on the highway ! I am keeping this vehicle after the lease but will buy another in the future!

Great Car
By dreamideation

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've put 24K miles on my limited turbo Sonata and I like it even more than when I bought it. It's fast, comfortable, gets great gas milage and...most importantly...so much fun to drive. I would definitely buy this car again.

I love the way this car handles. I've driven this car well over 100 mph, and you cannot tell the difference whether you are going 100 or 140. It's so much to drive.

The back seat needs some work. It's great for people under 5'10", but I'm 6'3" and cannot stand the back seat. There's plenty of leg room, but I need another 4 inches of clearance for my head. Backseat was not designed for tall people.

Nice Car, but Bad in the Snow
By mccarthr

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car, but Hyundai seems to have chosen wheels and tires that were not designed for winter driving. I bought the car in Green Bay late in May 2013. I live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. When I first started driving in the snow, I couldn't believe how poor the tire traction was. I was so bad that I didn't feel safe. After buying new all season tires (rated good on snow & ice) for the fronts, I could tell a big difference. The back original tires still would slide out on turns so I bought the rears too. Also, the wheels are beautiful, but they suck up snow like a magnet on the inside. It quickly will throw off the wheel balance. I constantly having to clean out the snow.

Performance is excellent....lots of power. I never used paddle shifters before, but they are very handy for down shifting. I like that you can use the regular shifter too for that. I wish the seats were more comfortable (more cushioning), however the adjustable driver seat is nice. I'm surprised the front passenger seat wasn't powered......what's with that? Handling is pretty good, but you do feel that torque when it kicks in. Fun to drive and I really like the panoramic roof.

Find a cool designed wheel that doesn't suck up that snow. More room around the wheels too, snow packs up in there real quick. Put all season tires that are rated good on snow & ice. Put more cushioning on the front seats and power adjust the front passenger seat. My only quality control issue was with the head unit. The clock changes time zones when it's not suppose to. The GPS setting for the clock doesn't correct it. I've got to get that in and replaced. Reseting the head unit didn't help.

Best Value for a Mid-sized Sedan
By turbo2013_56

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Only had it 5 months but so far it has been nearly perfect. Limited visibility out the back and some road noise (not all of it bad, nice little engine hum); lower gas mileage but have taken no long trips and my commute is a nightmare so maybe MPGs are OK. Got Limited turbo with premium package and cannot imagine getting a finer car for the money I paid. Rides well; handles great; very fast and responsive, I love this car.

Blue Link not perfect but very good. Website kinda lame; Nav system is flawless; The scoop on the Infinity sound system is that it is excellent but you would have to tweak the EQ for Sirius to get deep bass; If you stream (bluetooth) music off of your phone, use the USB port, or mp3 CD and you use a high bit rate (256) or purchase music off of Amazon (high VBR around 250), no tweaking necessary, the sound is rich, deep, and clear and you can blow yourself out of the seat with it. I am over 50 and big music person and there is NO valid complaint about the sound system. Voice command works well, a little slow, but I can perform any function faster by just reaching for the control myself...

None, I wouldn't lose that fluidic styling just for slightly better rear view. Keyless entry perfect; Heated leather front and rear seats awesome; Not as linear and refined as a strong V6 but that has grown on me, and that low end torque while zipping through crazy congested commuter traffic helps me to destroy the competition (while driving safely and legally of course). Last comment, Hyundai of Bowie best dealership ever. I have never been treated so well and haggled so little to buy a car in my life. They really do want to improve the industry!!!

Sonata 2.0 T
By artie512

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased the car in Oct 2012 it was destroyed in the Sandy storm I liked it so much I purchased the exact same model
no problems performs as stated

2.0 turbo performs like a 6 and much better mileage