Used 2013 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Hollow Claims! Best Warranty?
By Stephen Mathew

2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

If you are a new car buyer and plan to own car for 10 yrs maybe but beware if you but pre-owned the warranty isn't worth the paper it's writtem on, trust me I have a 3 yr old pre owned Sonata! Warranty aside, I have never owned a car that has had as many problems as my Sonata! Hardly 3 years on the list of failures are a yard long! Worst car I've owned! There is a reason they market their cars on their so called warranty, it's because so much IS going to go wrong with the car! The list: air bag! (seriously this component is never used and yet it fails? How does a component that is never used become defective?), a/c: every part you could think of!, actuator, power seats. I've had at least 6 problems that were covered under warranty, yet the hazzle, it's not as if Hyundai will give you a loner!

Oir pump went out
By Robert Sarti

2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have own multiple vehicles over the years. I average 100 miles a day just going to my office. I also drive that vehicle for my job. I average about 35,000 miles a year. I have never gotten rid of any before 250,000 miles and never had any major is with any of my previous vehicles. No I have lost the oil pump at 103,000 miles in this 2013 Sonata. The engine has been burning oil since 40,000, at 60,000 the engine starting chattering. The transmission has been slipping since 80,000 miles. I've heard that Hyundai's engineering/manufacturing has come a long way, but they still have a long way to go. As soon as I replace the oil pump, it's getting traded in for anything but a Hyundai or Kia.

Replaing tires after 20,000 miles? Ridiculous!
By Amy

2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the second time we have leased Sonatas. Total of four cars. We had to relace the tires of all four cars in two years. This time the dealer told us we should be rotating the tires every 7000 miles. Thanks for the too little too late help. I am in my 50s my husband is in his 60s. We have owned a lot of cars over the years and the Sonata is the first and only car that required the tires to be rotated this much. Because, they are crappy tires. Moving on to another car manufacturer. We have been buying or leasing hyundais for the past 16 years (both of us). So done with them!

PERFECT CAR!
By jeffgranados89

2013 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car by far! i have owned around 14 cars or so. By far this one is the best one that i have ever had.Drives amazing,looks beautiful and sound system is great!And of course is pretty fast. Turbo kicks in very good.The only bad thing Gas mileage,the material which the interior was built feels pretty cheap but looks very nice.Did have a Recall but Dealership fixed it with no problems. Has push start and other great things. The amazing thing is that Hyundai's vehicles have warranty for 100,000 miles or 10 years so if anything would to happen they will fix it. I currently finished my lease and traded it back in.But i am working on getting another one either that or a 4 door genesis.

Sound system,Push start,seats,turbo and handling.

Gas mileage and texture on interior. (Even thought the interior looks nice)

Worst car I ever owned!
By retwmt

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned many cars and this one by far is the worst. Its bad on gas, burns oil and the steering is seriously messed up. I keep hearing how this manufacturer has come a long way, which makes me question how thats being measured. I Returned the first week of owning it. If you never driven any other car in the past 20 years this might be the car for you.

None.