2013 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Gas Mileage Off by 1/3, total misrepresentation
By willyt007 on 04/21/14 19:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

When I was shopping for a new car, I was only shopping because I was taking a new position, and mileage was a huge factor. Bottom line, Hyundai advertised 35 mpg on 2013 Sonata, driving like a granny with almost 100% highway miles, the best I ever got was 26 mpg, but usually 25 mpg or less. At almost 14,000 miles on it, I'm looking to trade it even though I have a wrap around 100,000 mile warranty with zero deductible. I cannot drive a car for 100,000 when I was flat out lied to about mileage, for which they've already settle one lawsuit, and they still do it.

Poor gas milage
By jenkins170 on 04/05/14 17:32 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2013 sonata new last year and have been fighting with hyundia and the dealership ever sice over gas milage. Advertised is 24 to 35 with 28 combined. Best I ever got was 23 on a flat stretch of highway through ohio. Down to 10 in the hills. But according to hyundia and the dealership that is operating within specs. Would not suggest to by this at any cost

Nice Car, but Bad in the Snow
By mccarthr on 02/26/14 08:04 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car, but Hyundai seems to have chosen wheels and tires that were not designed for winter driving. I bought the car in Green Bay late in May 2013. I live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. When I first started driving in the snow, I couldn't believe how poor the tire traction was. I was so bad that I didn't feel safe. After buying new all season tires (rated good on snow & ice) for the fronts, I could tell a big difference. The back original tires still would slide out on turns so I bought the rears too. Also, the wheels are beautiful, but they suck up snow like a magnet on the inside. It quickly will throw off the wheel balance. I constantly having to clean out the snow.

I am not satisfied overall
By bsonata13 on 02/13/14 07:08 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I leased this vehicle 16 months ago. The main reason to buy this vehicle is for better MPG. However, it is pretty disappointing to see low MPG (I get 22/28) average of 24 or less. They reported 24/35, and average is 28 MPG. Issues: I had to replace the blue tooth and speaker system twice and speakers are noisy, however it is covered under warranty. I have changed 4 tires already. They wore out fast and not sure why. MPG is biggest concern - I have asked for mileage inspection test twice, both the dealers gave wrong numbers, however, I am not sure how to prove them wrong. Overall it is not comfortable to drive Customer service - average Financial services - More than worst.

Best Value for a Mid-sized Sedan
By turbo2013_56 on 12/25/13 10:25 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Only had it 5 months but so far it has been nearly perfect. Limited visibility out the back and some road noise (not all of it bad, nice little engine hum); lower gas mileage but have taken no long trips and my commute is a nightmare so maybe MPGs are OK. Got Limited turbo with premium package and cannot imagine getting a finer car for the money I paid. Rides well; handles great; very fast and responsive, I love this car.

Hyundai Warranty
By mmm22 on 12/17/13 13:55 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This warranty is a joke. It is not more than a selling tool. The quality of the car is poor. I spent more money repairing Sonata 2009, V6 than at Honda 2002. At 64000 miles the alternator had to be replaced as result if front valve oil leak. Contacted Hyundai who refused to pay for the cost of the repair. Trust me do not buy Hyundai made cars. The warranty is useless. Quality of the car is not good, oil leakage seems to be a problem with the Sonatas.

A lemon underneath a very nice looking exterior
By judgemalloy on 12/08/13 22:19 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The 2013 Sonata is a very nice looking car. I traded in a 2010 Elantra for the Sonata. The Elantra is a much better car than the Sonata. The Sonata has a very rough ride, especially at highway speeds. I expect this to lead to abnormal tire wear. The GPS/Radio/Bluetooth/AC combination is poorly designed and difficult to use. The combination design gives you control over one function at a time. For example, when the navigator is active and you receive a call, the navigator goes to the background. If you are on the call when you need to make a turn, you will miss it. The voice recognition feature is absolutely horrible. I have gone to using an external GPS and avoid using the built-in

Extreme tire wear
By rodeo5 on 11/30/13 10:18 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Car is designed with tire lean that is not adjustable. Be prepared to buy new tires every 15,000 miles or listen to them thump as you drive down the road.

Dream Machine
By clayman100 on 11/07/13 19:39 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I really love my Sonata, turbo. It is very stylish and gets great mileage. I drive to the Jersey coast during the summer, it's a flat, straight drive at 65 MPH standard which means everyone drives at 75. I can get 37 MPG at 70 MPH in cruise control. I've checked this a half dozen times already. I'm positive this will improve with a K&N air filter. It's very responsive, can hardly hold it back. I thought I'm really going to get in trouble speeding on I-95 with this car but so far I lucked out. Love the price and warranty. Last car was a 07 Tucson which I also liked but not the mileage. Owned it a year now and no problems. Two thumbs up and a smile.

Sonata 2.0 T
By artie512 on 09/26/13 05:20 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased the car in Oct 2012 it was destroyed in the Sandy storm I liked it so much I purchased the exact same model no problems performs as stated

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Sonata in WA is:

$193 per month*