2013 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Not good on gas
By yhterodriguez on 01/13/15 11:03 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The car is great . I rented an older Sonata and feel in love and decided to purchase my own. I live in NYC, which means if deals with heavy traffic. I average about 23mpg. I am really disappointed with that. Might as well get an SUV, with more space and use up the same amount of gas.

Warning - Burns oil. Destroyed engine.
By brigitbardot on 10/16/14 00:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 Sonota to replace another. It had regular 3000 mile oil changes. I bought it to NTB for the last one in June of 2014.The sticker said to get oil changed at 58,000 He said it would be fine at 62000.No problems. I heard some knocking at 63000 so I had it towed in, I have a warrahty so I did not want to risk it, No oil light . No burning, No indication of oil issue, I thought it was a belt. I take i They told me it had burned through almost 4 quarts of oil and it killed the engine. Mild weather Light driving, Reasonable oil changes a little past oil change date and this? The extended $1000 warranty won't cover it . They want $5000 to put new engine. Beware

2013 Sonata burning oil
By laurafowler14 on 09/12/14 21:04 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I loved my 2002 Elantra. I needed a larger vehicle so I bought a brand new 2013 Sonata. My Sonata started burning oil around 36,500 miles. I have been going back a fourth to the dealership doing oil consumption tests. After 3 tests, it has burned up 4.5 quarts in about 2,000 miles. I still can't get anyone to fix the problem. Instead, the dealership says I need to do 1,000 more miles of oil consumption tests and corporate says I need to do 3,000 more miles of oil consumption tests. The warranty sounds great but good luck with getting them to fix anything that is covered.

great value and great mpg
By young46 on 09/04/14 08:51 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

i am getting about 500 miles from a full tank of gas(18gal) and averaging 28-29mpg. i commute in NYC and always caught in heavy traffic. if i am on the highway without traffic i am getting 35 to 40 mpg. i dont understand some ppl here getting 23 at best. i already put 35,000 and so far so good.

Some good and compromised quality issues
By abjee on 08/23/14 22:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I own a Hyundai Sonata 2013 Limited and have put 18 K miles on it. Hyundai Sonata is a solid car overall with a powerful engine, great design and several added features for a lower price. It also has very good safety ratings (which hopefully will not be tested while I am on the road). But to gain on these aspects, there are some compromises made by the company in making this car, which are pretty glaring and somewhat annoying.

Great Car
By dreamideation on 05/04/14 08:41 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've put 24K miles on my limited turbo Sonata and I like it even more than when I bought it. It's fast, comfortable, gets great gas milage and...most importantly...so much fun to drive. I would definitely buy this car again.

Gas Mileage Off by 1/3, total misrepresentation
By willyt007 on 04/21/14 19:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

When I was shopping for a new car, I was only shopping because I was taking a new position, and mileage was a huge factor. Bottom line, Hyundai advertised 35 mpg on 2013 Sonata, driving like a granny with almost 100% highway miles, the best I ever got was 26 mpg, but usually 25 mpg or less. At almost 14,000 miles on it, I'm looking to trade it even though I have a wrap around 100,000 mile warranty with zero deductible. I cannot drive a car for 100,000 when I was flat out lied to about mileage, for which they've already settle one lawsuit, and they still do it.

Poor gas milage
By jenkins170 on 04/05/14 17:32 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2013 sonata new last year and have been fighting with hyundia and the dealership ever sice over gas milage. Advertised is 24 to 35 with 28 combined. Best I ever got was 23 on a flat stretch of highway through ohio. Down to 10 in the hills. But according to hyundia and the dealership that is operating within specs. Would not suggest to by this at any cost

Nice Car, but Bad in the Snow
By mccarthr on 02/26/14 08:04 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car, but Hyundai seems to have chosen wheels and tires that were not designed for winter driving. I bought the car in Green Bay late in May 2013. I live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. When I first started driving in the snow, I couldn't believe how poor the tire traction was. I was so bad that I didn't feel safe. After buying new all season tires (rated good on snow & ice) for the fronts, I could tell a big difference. The back original tires still would slide out on turns so I bought the rears too. Also, the wheels are beautiful, but they suck up snow like a magnet on the inside. It quickly will throw off the wheel balance. I constantly having to clean out the snow.

I am not satisfied overall
By bsonata13 on 02/13/14 07:08 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I leased this vehicle 16 months ago. The main reason to buy this vehicle is for better MPG. However, it is pretty disappointing to see low MPG (I get 22/28) average of 24 or less. They reported 24/35, and average is 28 MPG. Issues: I had to replace the blue tooth and speaker system twice and speakers are noisy, however it is covered under warranty. I have changed 4 tires already. They wore out fast and not sure why. MPG is biggest concern - I have asked for mileage inspection test twice, both the dealers gave wrong numbers, however, I am not sure how to prove them wrong. Overall it is not comfortable to drive Customer service - average Financial services - More than worst.