Small Problems are the most annoying in a new car!
By ambermofwv on
2012 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I am a proud owner of a 2012 Hyundai Sonata, happy with my purchase, just not from where I purchased it. There have been SEVERAL interior problems and the car is less than 3 months old, the car dealer blames me. I take VERY good care of my car, clean it every day, inside and out, make sure it's always full of gas and drive smoothe. BOTH side air bag panels have fallen off, there was a tear in the passenger seat, the cupholder is fading to an off black, and there is white glue on my door air bags. It's just the small things that bug you, and rude salesman playing you to be a fool.
Favorite Features
I love the dash, the digital gas gage, and the large digital screen. Very fond of the blue lighting and the sound system. Blue Link is nice to have when it actually decides to work. A lot of the features are great at first, and then they seem to stop working.
Suggested Improvements
A little more space in the backseat and improve the quality of the interior. Make the ride in the SE a bit smoother.
By 123111buyer
on 01/26/12 15:22 PM (PST)

My sonata 2.0 is only 3 wks old and getting only about 20mpg and can't get a strainght answer from service (Claimed need to drive 5k miles to improve) and HQ that just refute service claim but can't explain the issue. I too with bluelink get shoty usage and no clear answer on issues.

By lpuru
on 01/15/12 19:30 PM (PST)

There is much about you disappointment in this car that I would share if I owned one. The fading cup holder is inexcusable along with your other complaints. Your four-star star rating is a bit generous. Perhaps Hyundai needs a bit more time to acquire attention to detail.