Nice car!
By willyut on
2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Was in the market for a fuel economical car and saw this little beauty sitting at the Chevy dealer. Traded in my 1996 gas guzzler Suburban for it. Wasn't sure about the brand Hyundai at first...so far I'm impressed. The car is really sporty for a sedan and just has this clean & crisp feeling to it. It has plenty of gadgets to play with: blue-tooth, blue-link, radio with USB stick plugin, LCD display, etc. The automatic shifting in this car is a little weird but I think that's because it's a 4 banger and it tries to keep you in lower gears so you have power. As for the power this thing GETS UP AND GOES! I thought getting on the highway was going to be a joke...I easily zoom past others!
Favorite Features
FREEEZING AC! This thing can make ice cubes in 30 seconds or less. Really comfortable seats with plenty of leg room. I can fit my family of 5 comfortably. Like I said I'm a bigger guy and usually have to put my seat as far back as it can go and there is still plenty of leg room behind me for the passenger. I've seen some complaints about the ceiling height in the back seats and I fit well at 6'2". My friend who is 6'5" does however have to duck his head but how many people are 6'5"? Sporty
Suggested Improvements
So far I'm getting around avg 24-26 mpg. I do 70% highway and 30% city to go to work each day. I drive on completely flat roads with maybe 5 stops in-between. Highway speed 80mph. The average speed the car tells me I drive is 44mph. I have yet to get the 35mpg highway as advertised.