2012 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: Made The Switch!

2012 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

Made The Switch!
By sackc26 on

2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Coming from a 2010 Nissan Altima SL 2.5, I needed to get out of my lease (I just got a new job that requires a 35 minute commute each way). I researched Honda Accord, Ford Fusion, Toyota Camry, Subaru Legacy, Honda Civic and the Hyundai Elantra. To me, it wasn't a tough decision. I opted for the GLS base trim and although I missed out on power seats, chrome interior handles and alloys in the GLS Option #2 package, it boiled down to what was important to me. The base still has bluetooth and XM (my Altima SL didn't have them both), and the performance is the same on all trims. The car drives well also - fluid steering, nice acceleration and great MPG.

Interior, sleek cabin. My Altima felt like flying a B-52, this feels like flying an F-15 in comparison. The cabin wraps you in. Don't get bored with the Camry, Accord, Altima's cabins - this has a good blend of class, sportiness and comfort. Also, even without a sunroof (my Altima had one), I get more light in the cabin than my Altima had. XM/Bluetooth - makes it easy to pair and I love the feature. Also, related to this, the stereo is very nice for a base, stock model. Good sound. Exterior modeling is very sharp. It looks sleek, sporty and classy. Bottom line, the car just screams "not boring".

None so far; there isn't anything I don't love on it as of now. Honestly.