2012 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: Low MPG

2012 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

By lasthyundai on

2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Disappointing gas mileage. Divide mileage by gallons and find it's only getting about 24mpg for mixed city/hwy. That's with the eco mode on and gentle driving. Not what I was led to believe. Steering is a little twitchy on the freeway. Seats are a little firm. Other than that it's a nice car. So far no problems.

Interior styling. Blue tooth. Peppy engine. Exterior body lines.

Stop giving misleading mileage numbers. Different tires or steering so not so twitchy on freeway. Better stereo in base model.
By firstsonota101
on 05/24/12 04:56 AM (PDT)

I completely agree about the MPG.... VERY Misleading. I own a 2012 and found same results..

By stekicar
on 05/27/12 12:32 PM (PDT)

The worst I got was 25.37mpg. The best 29.73mpg. Total average is 27.44mpg. For our 2006 Sonata total average was 25.38mpg.

By sackc26
on 06/17/12 06:17 AM (PDT)

So far, I drive 80% highway, 20% city and I get exactly 30.00 mpg. I am also going through construction right now so that may change. I've had friends get 34-35 MPG 100% highway on trips going 75 mph so it is possible. City driving really effects the MPG.

By fl_lead_foot
on 08/21/12 20:08 PM (PDT)

EPA combined is just a tad higher at 28. Eco mode doesn't make up for bad driving habits, one has to drive "sensibly" to achieve the EPA estimates. The pedal is you enemy for MPG!