2012 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: Hyundai Service and Warranty

2012 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

2012 Hyundai Sonata

Hyundai Service and Warranty
By netsab on

2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Please be advised that Hyundai has come a long way from the junk they originally sold. I have had problems with the window washer clogging which the dealer told me was my fault and I would have to pay $100.00 to fix it?
Secondly, my radiator blew up on my way home from work with 20000 miles on the car. I was advised by Kendall Hyundai that a rock (they think-because they were not sure where it was leaking from) flew up and damaged the radiator; therefore it was the drivers fault?
I took it to an independent certified mechanic who advised me there was NO physical damage and that the radiator was DEFECTIVE.
Instead of the dealer cost of $800 I ended up paying $475, a true travesty.

I have not had to deal with customer service much

Honor the bumper to bumper warranty and improve the customer relations department. The manufacturer says it the dealers fault and the dealer says it the manufacturers fault-how nice. This leaves the customer in the dark. The only warranty they cover is if you do not drive the vehicle.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By stekicar
on 03/23/13 18:38 PM (PDT)

Cracked radiator is common problem with these Sonatas. I had one at 10k miles and was replaced under warranty. I did all the work discovering where it leaked from so those grease-monkeys did not get a chance to screw up something else. Crack was on upper left area where some ribs are placed. Fixed under warranty. I do not understand why you paid for the fix. Next time, just file a complain with BBB. It works, I know. ;)