Having so much fun!
By ellebg on
2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I originally thought I'd get another SUV after driving a Grand Cherokee for many years. I liked the looks of the Hyundai Genesis and Azera on the highway and went to the dealer to look at those, but was blown away by the styling, features, and quality of the Sonata for much less money. Chose the Limited Turbo with sports suspension for the handling; the steering on the regular Limited was too busy for me after having also driven a BMW for a while, but the SE handles better. My big complaint right now is that the gas mileage is too far off from the sticker for me. So far I am getting about 23 combined and a max of 29 highway on a 300-highway-mile trip (dinged one performance star for that).
Favorite Features
Not unique to Hyundai but the XM satellite radio; large central gauges and blue background lighting; lots of BIG cubbies; big, functional cup holders; heated seats in back. Exterior styling. Panoramic sunroof. Steering-mounted paddle shifters; turbo power. Keyless entry and pushbutton start. Awesome blower for the A/C. Handles and turns easily. HUGE trunk. Rear legroom. Sports suspension is still a great, smooth ride. Hyundai warranties.
Suggested Improvements
I knew from other reviews that this car does not have memory driver's seat or power passenger seat, both of which I think should be standard on a car with the other features that it has. Black glossy trim panels inside will be easily scratched and are hard to keep clean (dinged one star for those). I sometimes drive with my hands in the bottom grip area; my left thumb sometimes will knock off the bluetooth when I'm on the phone, if I'm not careful. Remote start from Bluelink is not yet active. Road noise can be noticeable. Not sure if it's a design or a tire issue.