Great Car for the Money
By bobs66440 on
2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
I have about 8500 miles on my Sonata and I am very happy with it so far. My previous car was a 2007 Infiniti G35X Sedan, so I was expecting a somewhat mundane driving experience, but happily, I was wrong. It's definitely no Infiniti, but a great car nonetheless. The fuel mileage is as advertised. It runs great and has an amazing amount of power for a four cylinder. It has a very comfortable interior/driving position for me and I am very fussy about that. I especially like the light steering, bluetooth, Homelink, satellite radio, comfy seats and the intuitive and easy to understand controls. It is simply a lot of car for a relatively small price.
Favorite Features
I like the light steering, bluetooth, Homelink, satellite radio, comfy seats and the intuitive and easy to understand controls. Interior styling is very nice for a low priced sedan. Exterior styling is very nice and stands out from the crowd. Lifetime drive train warranty acquired through the dealer. Excellent brakes. Love the auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Suggested Improvements
Headlight high beams are terrible. Very dim. Definitely not up to expectations for a modern car. The high beams on my 1966 Dodge Charger are way brighter. I think that the new stylish headlights on many brands look cool, but don't work nearly as well as the old style sealed beams. The console radio display has a blue background with graphics that don't contrast well and is very hard to read. Arm rests are very hard and uncomfortable. Some interior materials feel very cheap. Volume and up/down select controls on the steering wheel are awkward to use. The phone controls on the steering wheel sometimes don't respond to input. Car direction is very sensitive to windy conditions.