Good, Solid, Fun
By turboyy on
2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I have 20,000 miles on my new Sonata. It's been a great car to drive so far with no major issues. I've obtained fantastic gas mileage (37mpg) by combining the ECO mode, cruise control and a nice long highway. The paint is sexy and durable. The fit / finish is solid without any noticeable defects. I've been completely satisfied with my service crew as well.
Favorite Features
--Gas mileage (22mpg when letting loose, 37mpg granny-style) --274hp and it'll snap your head back off the line! --Great looks. I've gotten MANY compliments from total strangers. They approach by saying, "That's a Sonata?" --Panoramic sunroof is super cool! --Bluelink. $179/year gets you remote start, SOS and lo-jack engine disabler that lowered my insurance cost!
Suggested Improvements
Build quality is nice inside and out although I'm seeing some slight wear on my beige, leather seats. I'm also experiencing a slight engine burp on occasion, but forums suggest a quick re-gap of some spark-plugs will fix that. I've also noticed an anti-freeze scent from the air vents but nothing more than faint. Finally, I noticed that the vehicle under-steers a bit. Nothing uncontrollable though.