Compared with the Accord, Altima, and Camry ... Sonata FINALLY on top (and my 1st new car)!
By jbrams on
2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I spent 4 weeks comparing mid-sized sedans eventually resolving to buy either the 2011 Accord LX-P or the Sonata GLS (pop pack 2). I posted the comparison charts at hyundai-forums.com and driveaccord.net ... you can compare them yourself, but even the DriveAccord.net posters agreed that the Sonata was a better buy in every element except reputation. I'm VERY happy with my great looking and driving Soanta, the price thru Hyundai Circle (plan A) was excellent, and the service department is great.
Favorite Features
The look is excellent and modern, designed by a California team it is actually my favorite part of the car. The exterior is what blows me away, people ask what kind of car it is because it's so different from their idea of Hyundai (and mine). I think it looks similar to the most recent Mercedes models. The interior is also well designed to match the look of the exterior, but it is more useful than elegant. The Bluetooth integration is also excellent: play music and make/answer calls with my iPhone 4 easily, sound quality is excellent.
Suggested Improvements
1. Including a free loaner car at all dealerships rather than only those who independently agree to would be great, but this is similar to other car companies. 2. I wish the non-Bluelink models could also collect "Eco-points" and that the Eco-coach was more useful without subscribing to bluelink, but you do get 1 year free so that's something. 3. The accelerator connecting to the floor by a hinge took a couple hundred miles to get used to, but now I think I prefer it. 4. The keyless entry and start should be optional for the GLS model (now only available on the SE or Limited). 5. Should include optional review camera integrated rearview mirror (as Gentex already makes the mirror).