2012 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: Amazing refinement in a $20 k

2012 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Amazing refinement in a $20 k car
By cb1955 on

2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We just traded in my wife's 2008 Elantra for the 2012 Sonata. We got the base GLS. The inclusion of Hyundai's Bluelink system (Hyundai's version of On-Star) was an added bonus, along with the Bluetooth, Sirius XM, etc. Added to this, is Hyundai's legendary 5/60 and 10/100 warranty, which are the best in the business. This car has it all, with a smooth ride, decent acceleration for a 4 cyl engine, and great gas mileage. I have no doubt that it will attain a 35 mpg rating when we take in on an extended trip. The cloth seats are much nicer than the previous cloth seats in other Sonatas I've driven in the past. It's no wonder that Hyundai sales are up over 16% from 2010!

I like all of the features. I'm eager to try the Bluelink system in conjuction with the Bluetooth phone system. I think it would be cool to leave a verbal text message for somebody, which is converted into writing on the receiving parties cell phone. Bluelink can also perform a diagnostic reading on your car's engine system on a once a month basis. I look forward to seeing how this works.

I wish they made the upgraded rear view mirror and home link system a standard feature, along with the cargo net. For the additional $300 on the MSRP that would cost, I dont think that Hyundai is going to lose any sales. I can see this being a standard feature to the 2013 Sonata model.
By hm12
on 08/13/11 05:40 AM (PDT)

Having driven Mercedes C class and CLK for 20 years, the economy brought me to this car on a lease. Lets say that for the price, it is quite good indeed! Handling was as good as the former cars at higher speeds (they lightened the steering for parking a bit to much). Bump absorption is very good with tires at 32 front 34 in back . Let down was seating in base GLS which gives no support at all but then , look at the price! Actually this is a grand BASE car for someone who cant afford a bimmer or mercedes. TIRES,,,how dumb to check tire pressure. You can barely get your fingers inside the plastic mag wheel covers!! What is this my gosh! I can imagine this cars ride and steering in a coupe, (which they offer) but hopefully the ride is not harsher and the road traction a bit more holding. Otherwise in a base form this is a quite enjoyable vehicle