2012 Sonota 2.0 purchased on 12/31. Very poor MPG
By 123111buyer on
2012 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Have only been averaging about 20 mpg suburb and highway (In the epa mode which was suppose to get 6mpg better) and took car back after 2weeks. Told by service area this is normal and I need to drive about 5k before it improves. Have been in contact with H HQ serveral times and they refutes 5k claim, but also will not explain why mpg is averaging so low. Pushing it off on boilerplate responses (EPA sets mpg, load in car (Only me) tire pressure, blah blah nothing that is what I am doing. In a nut shell it not the car it is me. Also have been having bluelink issues that haven't been resolved. Again can't get a straight answer.
Suggested Improvements
MPG. Also noticed in a Dec auto mag that reviewed the Hybrid and indicated they were only see about 27-29 in their test. Something really seem to be wrong with the 2012 mpg's Bluelink and support
By sonata20t
on 04/22/13 14:53 PM (PDT)

There was a recall for the hybrid for false MPG. It is a known issue with all Hyundai models and Hyundai hybrids except the Sonata 2.0T. I have been able to get the MPG promised if I don't drive the car hard. If you take off fast, then you will drink more gas with the Turbo. I do not use the blue link so I don't know. But the car does connect to your cell phone just fine.