2012 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews 2

2012 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
My Sweet New Ride!
By n_g_ on 06/18/13 20:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my SE CPO w/ 9400 miles, Nav/Sunroof package, wind deflector, spoiler & full leather. It has the silver /blue pearl paint w/ black interior. The car looks amazing! Rides great, love how it handles. I've had it one month and have driven nearly 2000 miles already and haven't had any issues at all. The car came with this Blue Link thing that let's me remotely control the car(start/doors/lights/horn), gives monthly diagnostic reports and can even slow the car down to a complete stop if I reported stolen and then the GPS will tell me where it is. Cool or what. Since it's CPO I get the 5yr/60k full warranty, the 10yr/100k power-train warranty and 10yr/unlimited roadside assistance :)

No Such Thing As A Perfect Vehicle, But ...
By jewopaho on 06/09/13 07:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

... this one really comes close. My preference is mid-sized cars with high-end trim levels ... Camry XLE, Accord EX-L, etc. This is my first Sonata Limited, but not my last. It compares very favorably with its Nissan, Toyota and Honda counterparts ... they're all great vehicles, and given that I don't buy new cars, availability is limited. This one is exactly what I'd have purchased new ... and with only 11k miles (and at $10k less), it's close enough! The ride is smooth, power (both cruising and takeoff) is more than adequate, gas mileage (overall about 26 mpg) is fine, and the creature comforts far exceed the competition. Hyundai is now a major player in the mid-size market!

Overall
By gefforts on 05/22/13 20:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We all have our opinions of our own Sonata's, for myself even after an accident, which I had Hyundai fix completely because I wanted no issues and it was major damage. I have no problems at all in a yr and one month of owning the car. My own issue and an issue, major for some and minor for many is the map update for the Nav. system. They completely lied or didn't know that you had to pay 200 plus dollars each year IF you wanted the update. Many people don't care/have bigger issues with the car or do pony up. To me it's the principal. [non-permissible content removed].

My first hyundai
By sonata20t on 04/22/13 14:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car is excellent for the value. Hyundai put a lot into this car regarding quality. I purchased the car new with all maintenance included. I have owned the car for 1 year so far. No issues. Important: You have to do the maintenance on this car or it will not drive like it is supposed to. Also, the car has a GDI engine. Please read up on the engine. I bought a turbo because the engine runs better with it. I have seen mileage fluctuations but it was related to gas and oil. You have to put premium in once a month. Chevron with Techron is best. It does require injector cleaner once every 2 months to keep up the MPG. Buy the maintenance with the car!!!!!!!!

2012 Hyundai Sonata Battery Problems
By slpinnv on 04/08/13 18:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Car is a good value over all but I've had several issues with the battery going dead. Hyundai has replaced it twice since I bought it. They do not seem to understand why its constantly going dead perhaps it Henderson Hyundai service not looking to closely. Not sure why myself but it is frustrating to go for the weekend on a trip and come home to a dead battery. On board bluetooth sound is horrible and I quit using it all together Bluelink needs better navigation tools. Doesn't seem to provide accurate addresses even after speaking it several times.

Huge dissapointment!
By awasllace on 04/06/13 16:08 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

There are much more negative than postitive in my 1.5 years of Sonata ownership. First is the fuel economy, nowhere even close to Hyundai's estimates. Now after getting over that the problems began. It had a poor running and stalling out problem several times the dealer can't duplicate, the front headlights have collected condensation and I'm on my second set. The leather quality is horrible, stiching on the bolsters is coming apart already (hyundai calls it normal wear) It wanders on the highway. I've had the struts, tires, wheel bearings, and control arm bushings replaced...still wanders! The car has just been such a huge dissapointment, it feels like a 5 yr old car already.

Nicest used car I've purchased..
By ciera223 on 03/25/13 11:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've only had my 2012 sonata for a few wks now, I purchased it used with 5k miles on it. For being used it isn't too bad, brakes are already bad, had to replace cabin air filter and the mpg they advertise is a lie, but its still better than my suv.The alternative starter in the middle console also don't work, so I'm taking it in next week for that. I also agree on Hyundai customer service, it's horrible, they don't care about their customers and they constantly lie. So with that said take your factory warranty and go elsewhere to get service done to it. Yes they will tell you you can't, but you can. I get mine serviced at A ford dealership where they listen and actually fix your car!

Hyundai Service and Warranty
By netsab on 02/21/13 16:07 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Please be advised that Hyundai has come a long way from the junk they originally sold. I have had problems with the window washer clogging which the dealer told me was my fault and I would have to pay $100.00 to fix it? Secondly, my radiator blew up on my way home from work with 20000 miles on the car. I was advised by Kendall Hyundai that a rock (they think-because they were not sure where it was leaking from) flew up and damaged the radiator; therefore it was the drivers fault? I took it to an independent certified mechanic who advised me there was NO physical damage and that the radiator was DEFECTIVE. Instead of the dealer cost of $800 I ended up paying $475, a true travesty.

NOT SO GREAT AFTER ALL
By mreyes6868 on 02/20/13 20:26 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Wanted to buy a mid-sized sedan with good gas mileage. Considered an altima but the interior was much better on the sonata. After hearing about the 10 year 100k warranty and the 35mpg rating I had to have it. The panorama roof, 200hp, and 35mpg were the three main reasons for me buying the car. After one year and 16k miles I am very dissapointed with the quality, performance and gas mileage. The car has had several electrical bugs and the engine sounds horrible. It really doesnt seem to have the 200hp hyundai says it has. I struggle to keep my mpg above 26 mpg going about 65-70mph on the highway with eco mode on. This car is not as good as I thoght it was. Dont fall for hyundai's mpg lies!

Thought it was a good buy... think again.
By jostintson3 on 01/29/13 05:37 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought I was getting a great deal on my 2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Limited that I purchased in late November. During the past few months the car has had numerous problems, complete lemon. Has issues accelerating, leaks when it rains, gauges randomly shut off while I am driving, and it pulls to the left so horribly by arm begins to hurt after my 20 minute drive to work. I've brought it to Hyundai regarding the issues, and they fixed none of them. Blamed me for them all. Horrible customer service. I will never buy a Hyundai product again.